Manager, Marketing Communications
The Communications Manager, working closely with the marketing team, will support a broad range of external and internal communication initiatives including all print and digital materials, email campaigns, events and sponsorships, and leadership team communications, with a focus on managing our various brands, and extending the company's visibility in key markets to support company initiatives in the B2C market.
- Manage the intake of various communications and marketing projects, as requested by marketing team members and other cross functional teams and prioritize projects to deliver them on time, and on budget.
- Ensure copy and design projects meet brief requirements, brand standards, accomplish business objectives and connect with the end user.
- Lead and collaborate in the development and creation of comprehensive multi-media communication campaigns including integrated brief development, execution, management and post analysis.
- Plan, research, write (where necessary) and edit timely, interesting and relevant communication content to the highest quality, in support of internal and external communications programs, including but not limited to, consumer materials, industry material, product/service launches, sales material, web and social media content.
- Work closely with internal partners (product management and digital teams) to develop end-to-end campaigns and programs from ideation to execution to tracking results.
- Analyze campaign results in detail, draw insights and make data-based recommendations and adjustments.
- Leverage key learnings from communication and marketing initiatives to identify potential future opportunities and share campaign best practices and testing results with the marketing team and other key stakeholders.
- Liaise and manage external vendor relationships, including agencies, and copywriters, from the brief through execution and post-analysis to assist with communication and marketing initiatives.
- Manage monthly integrated marketing communications calendar.
- Provide broad support for corporate communications as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
- Post-secondary degree or diploma
- 5-7 years of experience in managing communications and / or marketing strategy, campaigns and projects, in a corporate environment
- Communications or marketing experience in insurance, animal welfare software/hardware, or consumer financial services is preferred. Required Qualifications (Certifications, Licenses, Software Programs, KSA's):
- Proven, prior experience writing, editing and producing concise and relevant content for a multi-unit business.
- Past experience communicating with many levels, and a wide range of stakeholders.
- Able to work effectively with all levels within the organization, including executive leadership.
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills; impeccable copy writing and editing skills; ability to communicate complex issues in a clear and concise manner, with an exacting and keen attention to detail.
- Ability to generate positive visibility through the media and other channels; relationships with reporters and a track record of generating positive visibility an asset.
- Ability to understand industry-specific information and data, and to communicate it in simple terms to media and to other lay audiences.
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment with a high-volume of competing priorities, as well as superior time management and organizational skills.
- Customer-focused with a strong intuition for interpersonal relationships and relationship-building.
- Strong diplomatic and critical listening skills, and past experience using discretion with sensitive and confidential information.
- Must be an organized self-starter, have initiative, creativity, able to work independently and part of a team, as well as to accept specific direction.
- Passion for pets and animal welfare would be a definite bonus.
- Frequent communications, verbal and written
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 80% of the time
- Must be able to read, count and do simple mathematics
- Be able to lift up to 10lbs. occasionally
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a phone with headset We thank all candidates for their interest, . If selected for an interview, you will be contacted by email within 7 business days. Pethealth is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, race, disability, gender, sexual orientation or national origin.