Founded in 2006, Kensington Tours is a $170 million privately held company that has been rapidly growing for the past few years. We are a multi-award-winning luxury tour operator offering tailor-made, private-guided experiences to the world's most extraordinary destinations. Anchored by an industry-leading team of 150+ destination specialists, we deliver curated travel experiences for the most discerning clients. The success of Kensington Tours has been its ability to provide customized tours for each and every client in a market with increasingly sophisticated consumer knowledge and a heightened search for ?authenticity of experience.? We do this with our pioneering technology platform that allows the company to connect tour experts all over the world into a single, streamlined database and booking engine.
Our tours consist of local hotels, private guides, airport transfers, transport between cities, and special experiences (e.g., hot air balloon ride). Our Procurement team finds destination management companies (DMC) around the world who provide these services, or they source them directly. The Product team curates these product components and then weaves them together into itineraries that span varying price levels and themes.
Kensington strives to surprise and delight at every turn with authentic, extraordinary, and unexpected experiences. Our brand promise
- to create the experience that changes the life.
As a specialized travel sales consultant in yacht, you are responsible for the planning, selling and implementation of luxury yacht charters and private-guided high-touch experiences for our customers.
From the initial conversations to providing expert advice and yacht knowledge, from sourcing suitable yachts, collecting quotes to sending confirmations and drafting contracts, you will work closely with high-end customers and service providers to create the ultimate ultra-luxe travel package for each of your clients. You will need to craft your approach creatively and you will negotiate, handle objections, and identify additional business opportunities. As the main point of contact for your clients, our Yacht Specialist will also be responsible for providing emergency support while clients are travelling in destinations. It's your goal to ensure all clients return home having had a trip which exceeds their expectation.
Who You Are
- A Passionate Traveler & Yacht Expert
A deep diver, an explorer, or perhaps a globetrotter who has lived, worked sailed or travelled extensively in your specialized region. You have either worked on a yacht as a crew member or have experience in the yacht industry.
- A Fabulous Storyteller
You share your destination and yacht expertise passionately and can create a story that ignites excitement through a warm phone presence and professional email communications.
- A High Performer
A trusted advisor, an account manager, an entrepreneur. You know how to follow a lead, entice a client, close a sale, and guarantee satisfaction.
- A Devoted Team Player
Your team matters to you. You enjoy partnering with and supporting each other during work hours, and the conversations will likely continue when the computer is off.
- A Curious Learner
You are excited to keep updated with new product development and thrive on continuing to build intimate knowledge of your region.
- Minimum 3 years experience in the luxury market
- Experience in building
- Sound yachting knowledge of the Caribbean and/or Mediterranean
- Experience in the yacht industry including yacht destination knowledge, yacht terminology, contracting or servicing yachts is required
- Experience with
- Experience in meeting and exceeding monthly sales targets preferred
- Expert in client relationship building specifically with high-touch clients
- Ability to resolve problem independently in a timely manner
- Appreciate and exemplify teamwork
- May be required to provide ad hoc support on a 24/7 basis to clients in destination
- Able to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Thrives in a KPI driven environment
- Highly functional in a fast paced, constantly changing workplace
- building plans through iterations from learning on what's working and not working.
- Ability to build trust and work through conflict both upwards and downward.
We thank all candidates for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Kensington Tours is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any stage of our hiring process, please advise us when completing your application.