Our global house-of-brands inspires and empowers youth culture. Relentlessly committed to fuel a shared passion for self-expression, we create unrivaled experiences at the heart of the sport and sneaker communities through the power of our people. If you want to be a part of something bigger than you can imagine, you've come to the right place. To learn more about the incredible impact we're making on both our local and global communities, Click Here!
The Community Marketing Manager is responsible for supporting national and local marketing efforts in the Toronto area. He/ She will be responsible for writing the local marketing strategy, executing it and working with local connectors and the internal Foot Locker team to optimize it throughout the year. This is the perfect role for an individual who enjoys making relationships, connecting and empowering others, is an ambitious go-getter, and has strong marketing experience. It is important that this person is gritty, innovative, reliable, influential and possess a high EQ (understands how to read and respond to social cues).
Continually assess and capture local Sneaker Culture ecosystem
- Identify local change agents (key movements and influencers) across various cultural silos (ie: fashion, music, sneakers, food, community, organizations).
- Continuously conduct local research to discover consumer fashion, competitor, culture and lifestyle trends:
- Interview local experts to collect market characteristics
- Initiate dialogue with customers in and out of store through focus groups and other strategies
- Validate on-going assumptions and understand brand perception
- Tracks and reports on local competitive activity and performance; advises on implications for action
- Prepare and disseminate monthly local market research updates
- Create list of target customers and partners, according to local sneaker culture ecosystem assessment
- Maintain consistent communication with local connectors and local product vendor personnel
- Attend local experiences (local events, local networking mixtures, and competitor local activations for market insight)
- Seed and develop relationships with key market influencers to help gain brand awareness, increase local VIP membership, increase consumer engagement and drive sales
Build community and execute shared experiences
Internal local marketing empowerment and capability development
- Maintain consistent communication with field operations; facilitates idea-generation, buy-in and implementation planning of all marketing efforts
- Support field operations team with store or district led marketing initiatives
- Partner with store managers and visual merchandisers (in applicable markets) to educate field on visual standards and optimize visual execution
- Facilitate local connectivity between field operations and local organizations
- Bachelor's degree or a combination of education and equivalent work experience.
- Experience within marketing, brand management, retail and/or similar background preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in events or local connectivity marketing.
- Being ingrained in the local
- Vancouver sneaker culture and know the voice of our core sneakerhead consumers is highly preferred
- Experience with social channels and trends.
- Connections within the local music scene, highly preferred.
- Must have connections in the local market and with a deep understanding of the community and what makes the market thrive.
- Strong knowledge of sneaker culture, fashion trends, music, sports required.
- Ability to act as a leader, work well independently and remotely from team leader and peers.
- Retail experience a plus.