ABOUT SOPEXA CANADA
Sopexa is an international food, beverage & lifestyle communications agency implementing creative and effective 360° marketing campaigns for brands and collective organizations. With in-depth knowledge of the global food and wine industry and long-standing relationship with its key players, Sopexa advises and assists clients in developing their business in Canada and overseas while championing food & drink trends today and shape those of tomorrow. Sopexa has offices in 24 countries, is 250+ employees strong and is part of the Hopscotch Groupe headquartered in Paris.
The Sopexa team in Canada manages brand strategy, PR, digital, social and influencer, event management, trade marketing, shopper marketing and retailer partnership programs in-house for over 20 clients in the food and beverage industries.
- Implement internal and external strategies defined by management.
- Autonomously develop marketing strategies and recommended 360 degrees action plans based on own’s expertise and experience.
- Participate in the development of the client portfolio and in the strengthening and enhancement of existing client relationships.
- Stay true to the profitability objectives set out by management.
- 4+ years in an account management role, preferably at an agency
- Proficiency in English and French (minimum at a conversational level) – Spanish a plus
- Strategic and analytical skills in order to accompany clients in building marketing strategies
- Experience in different marketing channels including digital and traditional with media, event, and PR exposure
- Overall knowledge of the Canadian market and consumer trends
- Experience and skilled in negotiations with partners and vendors
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills to handle multiple campaigns and regular reporting
- Experience with budget building
- Communication skills to coordinate multiple channels, stakeholders and processes
- Understanding of project management and experience with project management tools
- Strong writing skills and ability to formulate strategic insights
- An existing network of professionals in the field to strengthen the agency’s vendor offering
- Interest for the food and beverage industries; foodies and wine enthusiasts encouraged
- Good interpersonal and presentation skills
- Comfortable under pressure
- Spirit of initiative-taking encouraged
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in Canada or hold a permanent working permit
- Support the executive management across their account portfolio
- Act as the lead point of contact for 3-5 clients local and international
- Be the internal champion for the client and the brief
- Build quarterly and annual KPI reports on campaigns
- Galvanize, optimize and help grow your client’s portfolio
- Manage attributed accounts workload and maintain optimal gross margins
- Contribute to internal financial and profitability management of your accounts
- Identify potential leads and help develop business development opportunities
- Contribute to the agency’s business development strategy by pro-actively reaching out to promising leads and in responding to RFPs
- Work towards developing business with existing clients by presenting strategies, ideas and program to expand relationships
- Stay abreast of trends and newsworthy information that could be valuable to clients, to the success of marketing programs and to potential opportunities with existing clients.
- Lead the response to RFPs by fostering a collaborative process with the agency’s varying offering and experts to maximize the agency’s chances of winning open tenders
- Conceive and successfully pitch ideas, strategies and opportunities in writing and orally
- Participate in the drafting and the negotiations of client and vendor contracts to maximize costs and opportunities
- Activate marketing plans that client have bought on
- Secure quote signatures at the start of projects
- Manage vendors to execute said plan, oversee budgets and the respect of the agency’s gross margins as budgeted based on the plans sold to clients.
- Adhere to reporting structures as put in place by both the group and the client contracts
- Build budgets alongside marketing plans to optimize costs and gross margins respecting guidelines provided by management
- Manage the budget during the execution of the plan and report on a regular basis on costs and margins staying as true as possible to the established budget while pro-actively flagging any potential issues down the road.
- Pro-actively propose measures and solutions to rectify and arising problems during the activation of the plan
- Position is based in Toronto and role is work from home for now.
- Attractive and competitive compensation package with full employee benefits.
Sopexa Canada is proud to adhere to the Diversity Charter by promising policies of equal opportunity for all. We follow policy that supports insertion and diversity through our recruitment practices, and we make a point to ensure a respectful workplace environment for all of our talent so that we may justly appreciate diversity as an asset.
We thank you for your interest in this opportunity however only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Come and join us!