BE Power Equipment is a leading manufacturer of pressure washers, air compressors, generators and water pumps serving industrial markets in over 30 countries. Headquartered in Abbotsford, BC, our third generation, family owned business is focused on designing quality products and delivering exceptional service.
This year BE Power Equipment has been selected as a BC finalist in Canada's Best Managed Companies program held annually by Deloitte! This prestigious recognition is a testament to BE's strong leadership and our commitment on creating an inclusive workplace to achieve our shared goals.
BE Power Equipment Inc. is looking for a Web and Graphics Designer within our Abbotsford location. This role supports the goals of the marketing department by providing graphic production of marketing collateral, which includes, but not limited to web design, print production, packaging, labels, catalogues, flyers, brochures, and digital assets such as landing pages, social media posts. In addition to working with the Marketing Manager to execute on campaigns and initiatives.
The successful candidate will bring a desire for design and production with a never-ending quest to learn and improve. We require familiarity with current and emerging design trends and technologies coupled with solid production skills. We work in an Apple and PC environment.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assess the current website, and propose opportunities for design and user experience improvements;
- Good understanding of content management systems and search engine optimization principles;
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues;
- Work with the Marketing Manager to execute digital campaigns and initiatives, including but not limited to landing pages, microsites etc.;
- Experience working on PHP or HTML5/CSS3 WordPress/CMS-based websites in a professional and/or creative setting;
- Familiarity with MySQL, REST APIs, JSON, XML, AJAX;
- Create mock-ups and high-resolution designs for implementation;
- Consult with brand leadership to ensure alignment between brand and digital;
- Prepare layouts and graphic elements creatively in adherence with established brand guidelines standards and templates;
- Performs basic page layout, typesetting, basic drawing, and photo editing. Understands graphic resolution issues as it pertains to offset printing, display signage and the web;
- Prepare print production PDF's for printing on wide format printers;
- Manage print production on wide format flatbed UV printer (training provided);
- Produce creative material for ongoing campaigns (on and offline);
- Managing multiple projects simultaneously;
- Adheres and contributes to the priorities and timelines of the marketing/graphics department in conjunction;
- Prepares files so they are RIP ready, with an understanding of colour printing with correct separations, linked files and applied fonts;
- A keen eye for typography, i.e.: know when to kern, add leading or when to add paragraph spacing;
- Understand image resolution issues as it pertains to offset printing and screen and know the difference between CMYK, RGB and spot colours;
- Works closely with print providers in ensuring print specifications are met;
- Prepares output ready files, checks printer proofs, and signs off on own projects with the Marketing Manager and appropriate personnel;
- Performs backups and filing completed projects;
- Diploma in Graphic or Web Design or relevant experience
- 2-3 Years Coding
- .net, XML/XSLT, ASP, PHP, Python, Django
- Design and graphics
- InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, DreamWeaver
- Content management system (CMS)
- Wordpress, Adobe Business Catalyst, other
- Working with the Adobe Creative Suite (primarily Indesign, Illustrator and Photoshop) in a Mac environment;
- Basic working knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written);
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Enthusiasm and a desire to learn and gain experience;
- Takes direction well, flexible and ability to learn quickly;
- Excels working in a fast-paced, high volume environment;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- A great sense of humour;
- Works well under constant pressure.
- Basic digital photography skills considered an asset
- Basic understanding of French / Spanish is considered an asset, but not necessary
Hours of Work: Monday-Friday (8am-4:30pm)
Location: Our office is located in Abbotsford, BC. You must be able to reliably commute or relocate (some relocation assistance may be provided if needed).
BE Power offers competitive wages commensurate with experience with an annual review. Group medical and dental benefits, including travel insurance and Employee Assistance Program are offered after 3 months. BE is a family-led business where we have a strong culture to promote from within. You will enjoy working in a modern, well-equipped environment with excellent staff facilities. We have regular team building and social events
- come enjoy everything from pizza and food truck lunches to our annual holiday party. We also offer employee discounts/pricing options on all BE products.
Check out our Youtube videos to learn more about us!
At BE we deeply value our team and have implemented WorkSafe BC COVID-19 safety initiatives to keep everyone safe. We have implemented the following:
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
We thank all applicants; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.