Responsible for managing the development of all aspects of packaging design as well as application of brand standards with the Brand Team on campaigns, digital, in-store, trucks, event assets, and swag.
Key Accountabilities & Activities:
Manages the creation and project management of product packaging design, including concepts, illustration, photography, aesthetics, form development, and graphic layout. Ensures consistency and maintain a packaging hierarchy for each brand.
- Ensures compliance of on-pack claims with current regulations, working alongside the Regulatory Manager, and in conjunction with the Product Development and Brand team.
- Responsible for the development, maintenance, implementation, enforcement, and integrity of brand standards for all Maple Lodge Farms and Zabiha Halal branded materials across all platforms and applications internally and externally.
- Provides input into briefs and feedback for all major brand campaigns to ensure consistency and streamlining of brand visuals. Maintains a positive working relationship with creative teams at each agency.
- Lead strategic design projects and provide design recommendations that continue to reflect our values but allow Maple Lodge Farms to grow and be competitive in the future through initiatives like asset evolution, retail interior projects, etc.
- Responsible for all aspects of the art & design budgets including budgeting, accurate tracking, forecasting, and providing invoice approvals as required.
- Provide direction and mentorship to direct report through consistent feedback, providing growth opportunities, and troubleshooting as required.
- People Management:
- Organize and supervise the activities and work of a team of subordinates to ensure that all assigned work activity is carried out in an efficient and procedurally compliant manner
- Provide formal and informal feedback to subordinates to ensure their continuous development and overall contribution to the achievement of Maple Lodge Farms business strategy
- Develop team capabilities through continue on-the-job and formal training opportunities and coaching
- Policies, Processes & Procedures:
- Adhere/comply with company policies and procedures
- Follow all relevant departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner
- Recommend, develop and implement enhancements and improvements to departmental policies and procedures.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
Minimum five to seven years in graphic design required, including a minimum of two years in a Supervisory/Management role
- Experience with WebCenter an asset.
- Team-player with the ability to interact professionally with internal and external stakeholders
- Analytical, with problem-identification and problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to work / excel in a fast-paced environment where attention to detail and effective multi-tasking is essential.
- Proficient with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and other Creative Suite Programs
- Knowledge in CFIA Packaging Labelling Guidelines
- Knowledge of latest design programs on MAC and/or PC platforms
- General Computer Skills (e.g. MS Office)
Educations & Certification Requirements:
Post Secondary Diploma in a related field required.
- Must have a certification as a Graphic Designer from an accredited institution
Building Trust - Builds strong relationships on a foundation of trust, loyalty and authenticity.
- Driving for Results
- Relentlessly pursues quantifiable and measurable results: identifies areas for improvement and executes changes as necessary.
- Office Based
In accordance with Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants are required to make their needs known in advance.
We thank all applicants for applying however only those chosen will be contacted.
In the 1830s, the May family began raising chickens on a farm outside what is now Brampton, Ontario. They became a pillar of the community, and their proud tradition of hard work, agricultural wisdom, and humble family values inspire and guide us to this day.
8301 Winston Churchill Boulevard, ON, CA, L6Y 0A2