In accordance with the Vision, Purpose, and Values, and strategic direction of the Vancouver Island Health Authority (Island Health) patient and staff safety is a priority and a responsibility shared by everyone; as such, the requirement to continuously improve quality and safety is inherent in all aspects of this position.
Reporting to the Site Director, Community Hospitals, the Site Manager is accountable for directing patient care services. This includes providing day-to-day direction for patient care delivery, operational planning, human resource deployment, financial monitoring, quality management and education. The Site Manager provides leadership in managing and implementing change and ensures an environment that supports both professional practice and alignment with the organization s culture, values and strategic direction. The Site Manager provides professional and technical guidance to clinical staff and performs highly complex and varied tasks requiring independent knowledge and application to a variety of situations as well as exercises independent judgment
Education, Training And Experience
A level of education, training and experience equivalent a Bachelor's degree in a relevant health discipline and five (5) years of relevant managerial experience.
Skills And Abilities
- Appropriate certification, license or professional designation.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, problem-solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated leadership ability in the context of evolving needs and skills in negotiating creative solutions.
- Ability to integrate administrative, professional and operational aspects of the service areas throughout the Vancouver Island Health Authority in an effective and efficient manner.
- Ability to develop and nurture an environment where quality improvement principles are embraced and used on a continuous basis.
- Strong management skills, particularly in staff and budget areas.
- Ability to work effectively with staff, physicians and community members.