DarwinAI is a cutting-edge Artificial Intelligence startup based in Waterloo, Canada. Our technology stems from years of scholarship by our academic team (500+ publications including at NeurIPS and CVPR) and is led by Dr. Alexander Wong, Canada's Research Chair in Artificial Intelligence. Our product uses AI itself to accelerate and enhance Deep Learning Development. Our patented IP allows enterprises to build AI they can trust, and has been used by clients in the Automotive, Aerospace, Defense, Financial Services, and Healthcare industries.
Our core product, called GenSynth, is an award-winning platform that accelerates deep learning in the enterprise using Explainable AI (XAI).
We were named a cool vendor in Gartner's October 2019 Cool Vendors in Enterprise AI Governance and Ethical Response report. CB Insights also recently named DarwinAI a ?high-momentum startup? in its ?Game Changing Startups 2020? research report in the ?AI transparency? category, and also selected Darwin for its AI 100, CB Insights' annual list of the 100 most promising private AI companies in the world.
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced Marketing Manager, in order to positively contribute to DarwinAI's reputation as an award-winning product firm, develop our content and messaging and our external relationships with third-party partners and the media. In this role, you'll have a unique opportunity to help us build and expand our marketing practice at an early stage, working directly alongside our executive team and DarwinAI's Head of Marketing.
You have the ambition and ability to increase our brand awareness and to help us build our market share and revenue. You're keenly focused on delivering marketing results through customer engagement and lead-generation. You can work well with executives to build effective external corporate messaging. You enjoy crafting and shaping messaging to appeal to clients, media and investors alike. Finally, you have a comprehensive understanding of the North American tech and business media landscape, including broadcasts, blogs, webinars and podcasts.
You will also have a great opportunity to communicate with our stakeholders and the broader DarwinAI team about the impact of marketing initiatives, while continually seeking to improve our results.
In this role, you'll get to work across a full range of exciting marketing activities. Below are the key contributions you can make:
Executing the marketing plan in order to achieve positive outcomes for DarwinAI's Website, Marketing Content and Campaigns, Automation and Analytics, Partnerships and Media Relations. Participating in refining the marketing strategy with the executive team.
Collaborating and Communicating with stakeholders in order to build a positive reputation for DarwinAI, building messaging to promote our emerging product offering, and driving leads for our product.
Project managing our marketing campaigns and our operational processes.
Refining our content marketing initiatives, contributing to content and the development of editorial governance (leveraging other team members and subject matter experts). Creating content and contributing on an ongoing basis: newsletter, social media, white papers, case studies, landing pages, and more.
Updating our website to align with our brand positioning, quarterly OKRs, key initiatives and marketing campaigns.
Building PR campaign strategies and maintaining relationships with media who can build brand equity for DarwinAI.
Executing cross-promotional initiatives with our Partners.
Providing training and mentorship opportunities for a Marketing Co-op through 1-1 coaching, delegation of assignments and goal setting.
- 5+ years experience in a similar marketing or communications role for a product firm or B2B professional services agency.
- Experience working at, and successfully marketing, a top employer within the tech industry.
- A hunger to succeed and bring an analytical and creative mindset to the job. Self-directed. Team oriented. Detail-oriented.
- A strong strategic approach and the ability to take on complex marketing and communications initiatives.
- Excels in a fast-paced environment, and has experience working with individual contributors, executives, agencies and third-party partners.
- Project management skills and a positive attitude towards problem solving, ability and desire to learn.
- Possess excellent writing, editing, speech and presentation development skills.
- Has a basic understanding of SEO, and knows a lot about content categorization and structure, content development, distribution and measurement.
- Has an advanced understanding of lead generation and can successfully leverage content-publishing platforms, marketing automation (HubSpot preferred) and analytics tools to drive positive marketing results.
- A willingness and ability to listen and understand the ideas and concerns of others and to clearly communicate your own.