Job Description :
About Blue Buffalo:
Love them like family, feed them like family.? ® Everything at Blue Buffalo starts with this simple idea.
We think of our dogs and cats as family members, so we believe their food should be natural and healthy. In fact, this was the sole reason for starting the Blue Buffalo Company. When the beloved Bishop family dog, Blue, faced a variety of health issues, Bill and his two sons set out to create a pet food that was made with only the highest quality natural ingredients-the kind of things a family member deserves. Ten years later we have, in many ways, accomplished what we set out to do-help our dogs and cats live happy, healthy lives. And we're only getting started!
Feeding healthy ingredients isn't just a trend for us. It's our history. Since we started in 2003, we've always used high-quality natural ingredients with real meat first. Never any corn, wheat or soy. And no poultry by-product meals. It's been that way since day one for every product we've ever created. And it always will be.
Mission: Our vision is to feed all pets the natural BLUE way as the undisputed leader in wholesome, natural pet food.
The Blue Buffalo Company is looking for a Territory Sales Manager to introduce and grow its leading edge pet food brands
- Manage and grow retail customer base in assigned territory.
- Meet company's volume goals and objectives.
- Work closely with distributor representatives to meet and exceed sales objectives.
- Provide product training to retail customers and consumers.
- Provide a disciplined, comprehensive approach to servicing customer base with a high level of quality and professionalism.
- Maintain and provide market activity
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES AS REQUESTED:
- Must attend National trade shows per request.
- Must attend local events as prescribed by show events calendar
- Must have a Minimum of 3 years field sales experience within food, convenience, mass merchandise or specialty retailer channels of trade.
- Must be a merchandising expert, using all the tools and material provided by the company.
- Must be successful managing Key Accounts (Sales and Relationships).
- B2B sales experience required.
- The position does require daily travel, 10% overnight travel and some weekend work.
- Strong sales, planning and organization, leadership, teamwork skills, and proficient computer skills are required.
- Pet enthusiast preferred
PREFERRED SKILLS, COMPETENCIES AND EXPERIENCE:
- Pet specialty retail experience and working with pet product distributors a plus.