Driven by Possibility
Gates Corporation is a leading manufacturer of application-specific fluid power and power transmission solutions. At Gates, we are driven to push the boundaries of materials science to engineer products that continually exceed expectations.
We are Gates.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
To enable the Gates Canada, Brantford Operations meet / exceed its business plan objectives through the direct sales and marketing of Automotive Aftermarket products to Distribution Centre's, stores and direct end users. Provide product support and training to customers at all levels of distribution and coaching members of the customer"s sales force.
Scope of Role
Reports to the Market Development Sales Manager
- Automotive Aftermarket Division:
The DSM will assist the heavy duty and fleet and automotive aftermarket group in expanding and growing store sales out on Gates product lines. Obtain sales growth through non sales activities by strategically and effectively reducing scrapped in the field, this will be accomplished by getting all levels of distribution and sales management aware of the current high level of Gates product scrapped in the field and ensuring that all parties become engaged in and committed to the needed reduction. Maintain representation and market intelligence in Western Canada's provinces.
The DSM will analyze their regions to identify growth opportunities and potential at all levels of distribution on all Gates supplied products, with particular emphasis on hydraulic growth. Once opportunities and potential are identified and confirmed, the DSM will partner with Distribution Centre management, stores and other Sales Managers to develop and implement growth strategies that must be measurable. Gates strategies must be included as the DSM focuses on growth through market development
The DSM must identify training needs at all levels of distribution within the region that will enhance and compliment the sale of Gates product lines. This can include related selling of non-Gates supplied product lines that will provide all around better service to consumer customers
Effective utilization of Gates CRM SellSmart
- The DSM will work in concert with the Market Development Sales Manager and SellSmart Support to establish this tool as an effective means of assisting in the sales growth of Gates product lines.
All reports, both ongoing and adhoc reports requested must be submitted in a timely manner that meets the expectations of the receiver. Reports must be accurate, concise and must provide a high level of relevant detail to avoid confusion or the need for follow up.
Education and Experience
Post-secondary diploma or degree in Business or equivalent relevant automotive industry experience
- Minimum of 3 years Automotive Aftermarket Sales experience
Exceptional communications skills (verbal & written) to effectively interact with a variety of internal customers as well as external customers,
- Solid negotiation skill with an ability to recognize issues, formulate and evaluate solutions using research skills
- The ability to gain new business and the skills to be an effective customer relationship manager using communication and analytical skill,
- Solid knowledge of Gates products as a whole,
- Ability to engage individuals with confidence in a trainer capacity,
- A strong attention to detail when preparing weekly and monthly reports,
- Proficiency with CRM systems (SellSmart) in addition to MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
While performing the required duties of this job, the employee is often required to sit in a vehicle, plane or other mode of transportation to travel to and from customer locations and other Gates offices
- Significant travel is required. From time to time, may be required to climb ladders. The employee will need to listen and talk to other employees and customers. Specific vision capabilities required as the employee will need to work in front of a computer / IPhone on a day to day basis.
In the home office, the noise level is moderate, lighting is mild and the space is comfortable. Dust levels are nonexistent. The temperature is always consistent in keeping the employees comfortable. May experience differences in customer locations and personal protective equipment should always be used under circumstances where required.
Please be advised that Gates Corporation does not accept resumes from third-party recruiters. We are an equal opportunity employer. We select candidates based on a fair evaluation of their skills and abilities, measured against the position requirements. All qualified applicants will be given equal consideration regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital or family status, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Gates offers an accessible recruitment process that is in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarian with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require any accommodation for a disability during any stage of the recruitment process, we invite you to inform the Human Resources representative that contacted you.