What This Position is All About
Under direction from the Regional Senior Vice President, the Area Marketing Director is responsible for creating and executing a strategic local marketing program, maximizing exposure for Saks Fifth Avenue in the local marketplace, and effectively being a liaison between their Saks Fifth Avenue area stores and the Corporate Marketing Team. The Area Marketing Director will operate with clearly defined return on investment goals for sales and client acquisition and development.
Who You Are:
- You are a motivated go-getter that accomplishes goals by engaging morale and spirit in your teams
- You are a highly respected leader with a clear vision and quantifiable track record of success in delivering results within a large complex organization.
- You are an innovative problem solver, constantly looking to improve how things are being done.
- You inspire others with your vision and strategic, big picture perspective.
You Also Have:
- Between 5-10 years of management experience and a proven track record in leading a group of independent thinkers with successful end results
- Demonstrated experience in strategic and creative campaign development, retail environment preferred
- Ability to negotiate contracts and manage budgets
- Ability to independently learn IT applications, clienteling tools and software proprietary to Saks Fifth Avenue
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in the areas of Marketing, Business or Communications
As The Area Marketing Director, You Will:
- Create and execute a strategic marketing program for the Saks Fifth Avenue stores in your area
- Liaise between the Regional Senior Vice President, General Managers and the Corporate Marketing Team to analyze the store's existing client base and define appropriate opportunities to acquire new and develop existing customers
- Develop and execute strategic and creative events that drive traffic and increase customer sales
- Proactively analyze event results in order to refine and improve future events which continue to develop business opportunities and maximize sales
- Work with the store Leadership Teams to maximize local event marketing dollars
- Communicate Saks Fifth Avenue initiatives to key regional media and secure credits for product, the Saks brand and the local store teams
- Increase store visibility in the community via partnership with local publications, charitable organizations, and other beneficial groups
- Support the General Managers in communicating corporate events to the store teams and coordinate support and execution for all events to Saks Fifth Avenue standards
- Maintain store marketing/event calendars listing all store events, trunk shows, and representative visits, and share with corporate on a monthly basis
- Submit all calendars, event results recaps, and invoices to the proper parties in a timely manner
- Other store initiatives as assigned by management
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.