This is a full-time, permanent position based in our Mississauga, ON office. Due to COVID-19 all office employees are working from home until further notice.
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Kao is a leader within the beauty industry with global headquarters located in Tokyo, operating in 22 countries with over 3,500 dedicated industry leaders.
Innovative business practices and breakthrough product introductions have propelled Kao to enjoy world-wide success with its much-loved Jergens® skincare products and other popular brands including Bioré®, Curel®, Ban®, and the John Frieda® haircare brand.
We are looking for creative, entrepreneurial professionals with a growth mindset who would like to be part of a dynamic growing company to consider the following assignment as Assistant Trade Marketing Manager.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Reporting to the Senior Trade Marketing Manager, the Assistant Trade Marketing Manager will be responsible for assisting in the development of trade strategy across the Canadian portfolio of brands.
The Assistant Trade Marketing Manager will collaborate cross functionally with internal and agency partners to build relevance and consideration for brand across the digital consumer journey stages.
- Support the Senior Trade Marketing Manager to plan and develop the annual trade plans, in keeping with business and financial objectives
- Act as a key liaison with the Trade, Brand, Merchandising and Sales teams
- Work closely with agency partner & internal teams to establish annual business plans for Amazon Including Search, content creation, maintenance and optimizations and execution of the Vine program
- Work closely with internal teams and agency partners to maintain and optimize our Brand catalogues on retail ecommerce channels
- Responsible for data input and integrity on GS1 platform
- Responsible for maintaining sales support documents; including the retail master matrix, annual price lists and playbooks
- Lead the creation of fact sheets and colour sell sheets in support of display and on-pack activity
- Responsible for the development of shopper marketing creative; including retailer programs and displays
- Participate and attend meetings, field visits and training programs as requested
- Assist the trade and sales teams, as needed with various ad hoc tasks, which can include product sample orders, annual sales meeting preparation and execution, customer presentation prep, etc.
Requirements and Minimum Education Level:
Undergraduate degree in business, marketing or communications.
SKILLS & PREFERRED EXPERIENCE:
- Excellent command of the English and French language -reading, writing and verbal interaction
- 2+ years of work experience specializing in performance marketing, CRM loyalty programs and email marketing
- Experience in the Canadian CPG/FMCG industry
- Experience with driving insights and recommendations through digital media analytics
- Insatiable curiosity and desire to continuously learn about the changing Digital Media landscape
- Strong project manager and collaborative partner to achieve best-in-class results
- Business savvy, opportunity seeking team player even when dealing with obstacles in a fast-paced environment
- A strategic thinker and curious learner with strong entrepreneurial spirit
- A passion for marketing and the beauty industry, demonstrating an intrinsic understanding of the consumer
- Strong influencing and communication skills, ensuring the brand vision is understood by all internal and external partners
- A collaborative solution seeker with ability to anticipate issues and collaborate with team to generate ideas
- A proactive self-starter with ability to initiate projects and tasks through an entrepreneurial & analytical approach
- Results focused with a desire to challenge the status quo and always improve, to deliver the best for the brand the business
WHAT IS IT LIKE TO WORK AT KAO?
At Kao we strive to make an impact on the community. Our commitment to ethics and values is without question. Most of all, at Kao you will discover that our people can create change and make an impact. By joining our team, you will have the opportunity to:
- Broaden your reach as part of a truly international, multicultural organization with GLOBAL OPERATIONS
- Enjoy the resources of a large company, along with SMALL-COMPANY FEEL that allows each individual to make a difference
- Have the autonomy to make decisions and take ownership in an ENTREPRENEURIAL ENVIRONMENT that encourages fresh thinking
- Experience the respect we have for employees, for DIVERSITY and for the contributions of each individual