We're a different kind of content agency that leans heavily on data-driven insights to delight our customers and bring great stories to life. And we're looking for a creative Digital Writer to contribute to our growing range of engaging content solutions.
What You'll Do
No two days are quite the same at Sparx, and that's largely on purpose. We like to give our team members the opportunity to flex all of their amazing skills. That being said, there are a few core duties you'll be responsible for in this role:
- First and foremost, writing and editing compelling copy. This can include blog articles, website copy, landing page content, social media copy, reports, print articles and advertisements, (deep breath) SEO/SEM campaigns, white papers, case studies, slide decks, proposals, video descriptions, and email newsletters.
- Trendsetting and tonesetting. We're looking for a writer who can draw insights from raw data, create engaging content around those insights, and who can maintain our clients' unique brand tones across a range of content platforms.
- Internal documentation creation and editing. Sparx is a process-driven powerhouse, with a library of dynamite documentation. You'll help support the creation and maintenance of clear and detailed how-to guides for all things content related.
- Other duties as assigned. And since Sparx is growing every day, these words represent fantastic opportunities to develop your skills and pursue new and interesting things! What You'll Bring
So, what magical combination of skills are we looking for?
- 1 year of experience as a copywriter (or more)
- Writing skills capable of wowing our clients (and us)
- Exceptional editing abilities
- Attention to detail that could be best described as laser-focused
- Impeccable organization skills
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- A self-directed and passionate learner
- Results-oriented attitude and pride in doing a great job Nice to Haves
Bonus points if you also bring:
- Familiarity with SEO, basic Google Analytics, Wordpress, and social media ads
- Proficiency with social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Hootsuite, YouTube, and Hubspot (to name a few)
- A clear passion for writing about business, entrepreneurship, or investing Ultimately, we're looking for a great fit
- for someone who wants to do interesting and challenging work, be part of a winning team, who likes tinkering, who gets stuff done, and who values integrity, honesty and, occasionally, a good pun.
This is a full-time position that includes benefits, our homebase is Vancouver but we're currently remote. Salary range $40,000 to $50,000 commensurate with experience.
Apply for this role by sending us your resume, cover letter, and writing samples or a link to your portfolio. Be sure to let us know why you'd be a great fit for our team!
About Sparx Publishing Group
In the world of digital content, we believe that in order to succeed, you have to win at being interesting. That belief guides the partners and projects that we work with because we're passionate about bringing great stories to life.
Sparx Publishing Group offers our clients support across the full spectrum of digital content services, from planning and strategy, through to implementation and