Under the direction of Finance Manager, this position is responsible for ensuring the accurate reporting, planning and forecasting of Revlon Canada's Net Sales & Direct Expenses. Role supports the North American Sales, Education and Marketing teams with Financial Analysis.
- Support Shared Services with all month-end journal entries to Net Sales
- Support Balance sheet reconciliation of Local Marketing funds
- Ensure proper accounting of Business transaction impacting Net sales
- Ensure Trade Spend is in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley
- Support in Quarterly and Year End audit
Financial Planning & Analysis:
- Prepare monthly flash and quarterly business review for Trade Spend
- Manage Trade Spend on day to day basis and work closely with Sales team
- Manage Sales Program file and Net Sales reporting for the Sales team and Sr. Management
- Lead preparation of Net Sales forecasts, including Gross Sales, Allowances, Returns and Discounts.
- Preparation of timely Customer P&L's
- Participate in the assessment and recommend actions to address customer performance risks and opportunities
- Prepare, analyze and report period-end results to Sales teams
- Prepare Risks & Ops, GM review prep and Net Sales outlook on monthly basis
- Prepare annual Net Sales budget
- Provide financial support and analysis on all major customer team & marketing team initiatives, including pricing, profitability and sales management initiatives
- Provide additional support for ad hoc Customer Team, Marketing and/or Finance initiatives
- Develop and maintain efficient systems and processes to facilitate financial planning, analysis and reporting to Customer Team and to Sr. Management
- Ad-hoc projects as required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong analytic skills including attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including experience working on teams and collaborating with others to drive to a solution
- Advanced knowledge of SAP, Excel and Hyperion is preferred
- Bilingual in French and English an asset
- Strong technical and analytical expertise and the ability to translate data into actionable information and business-driven results.
- Proficiency in creating ad-hoc analysis and reports with an ability to integrate data from a wide variety of sources into a cohesive analysis.
- Demonstrated problem-solving abilities with a long-term vision of strengthening the business.
- Able to strategically develop, implement and monitor longer-range as well as shorter-range business analysis.
- Proactive problem solving skills, with the ability to take initiative and create opportunities.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task and balance multiple priorities and projects in order to meet deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in dealing with internal and external parties. Able to deliver clear, concise and consistent messages up, down, and across the organization, especially with all levels of management.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and possesses excellent interpersonal skills.
- Possess a decisive, accountable, value-adding management and leadership style.
- Is self-motivated and exhibits business maturity, drive and passion in a fast-paced environment.
Education and Experience
- University degree in a related discipline
- 6 years progressive accounting and finance
- work experience in strategy, financial analysis and/or business planning
- Accounting designation (CMA, CGA or CA) or an MBA an asset
- Consumer Package Goods experience preferred, but not required