Janssen, Inc is currently recruiting for a Senior Manager, Communications & Public Affairs to be located in Toronto, Ontario.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen, Inc. is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
The Senior Manager, Communications & Public Affairs, (Therapeutic Area) is responsible for effective, strategic counsel and communications related to select TAs, including issues management in support of our Janssen Canada business. In this role, the individual will support the strategy development and lead the execution of integrated and holistic TA communications plans while supporting issues that span the Canadian pharmaceuticals business.
The position will report to the Lead, Public Affairs & Communications Canada. The position will work closely with colleagues across Communications and Public Affairs, in close partnership with the Legal, regulatory, compliance and commercial teams respectively.
- As a therapeutic lead for the business, provide strategic oversight to critical brand and field communications
- Serve as single point of contact for all communications needs and collaborate with other communications colleagues (e.g., global, external stakeholder, content, corporate, etc.) to provide strategic communications counsel to the Canadian Pharmaceutical business
- Develop and execute strategies to inform, engage and align employees to our Janssen Canada business strategy and share an aligned narrative, highlighting the connection between the global, North American and Canadian strategies
- Protect and enhance the reputation and equities of our portfolio of brands by providing strategic counsel on the Public Relations, Public Affairs and Influencer Marketing strategies, as well as partnering on issues/crisis communication programming ensuring alignment with Global Communications & Public Affairs
- Maintain a strong understanding of the Canadian media landscape (traditional and digital) including key stakeholders, emerging trends and opportunities to differentiate our brand/TA narrative through innovative communications approaches
- Support and contribute to an integrated Public Affairs team approach (government affairs, communications & stakeholder engagement)
- Support the Leader, Communication & Public Affairs in developing and maintaining strong relationships with government affairs and stakeholders to amplify and protect the reputation of Janssen business in Canada.
- Lead measurement of communications efforts by overseeing reporting compiled by the communications agencies, assisting in the roll-out of new measurement tools, and providing recommendations to optimize plans based on insights and key learning
- Maintain strong working relationships with cross-functional internal and external partners (e.g., commercial, medical, regulatory, legal, etc.)
- Liaise with the Global Communications teams to share insights and key learning
- Role model effective counsel to business leaders by listening, understanding and providing credible expertise, relevant insights and transparent feedback
- Model a healthy Enterprise culture by championing and facilitating a Diversity and Inclusion mindset that aligns with Our Credo and Leadership Imperatives
Minimum 8+ years of experience in Communications and/or Public Affairs required, preferably working in a Healthcare Consulting and/or Pharmaceutical industry
- Experience in Oncology preferred
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree is required.
- Proven ability to develop successful working relationships with senior executives.
- Experience working in a matrix environment and driving results through influence.
- Expert judgement in critical decision making on issues impacting J&J reputation and is sought after as a trusted advisor.
- Exceptional writing and communication skills.
- Proven track records in managing multiple projects and changing priorities
- Experience dealing with national and local media, trade and social media, and/or professional/trade and third-party organizations would be an asset
Diversity and inclusion are central elements of the shared culture across the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. Attracting, developing and retaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities is essential to our success. We are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive and accessible work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their potential.
Canada-Ontario-Toronto-19 Green Belt Drive
Janssen Inc. (7710)