Prince George, BC, Canada
- Canfor (BC14)
Canfor's strength comes from the diversity of our skilled and resilient workforce. As our company continues to grow and diversify, so do our career opportunities. Let us take this opportunity to tell you how you could be the best fit for Canfor.
Canfor is adding a Senior Networking & Communications Analyst to our Information Technology Department, Networking & Communications Team. The team is responsible for the architecture, planning, design, implementation, operation and support of enterprise-class data, voice, and video communication systems within the organization; spanning manufacturing facilities and administrative offices located in Canada, United States, Europe, and Asia.
- Plan, design, specify, implement, operate, and support data, voice, and video communication systems, including local area and wide area networks, wireless networks, telephone systems, video conferencing systems, and unified communication and collaboration technologies
- Prepare design proposals, supporting business cases, and project plans
- Execute corporate projects, overseeing and coordinating key project vendor partner(s), and contractor(s) to completion
- Collaborate & coordinate with the IT Delivery Team and manufacturing site(s) to support the design and implementation of manufacturing data, voice, and video communication systems
- Collaborate & coordinate with the IT Cyber Security Team to support the deployment and integration of security firewalls/technologies into corporate and manufacturing site network infrastructures
- Efficiently respond to, and resolve production network incidents and service requests
- Maintain network documentation, procedures, drawings, and asset inventory
- University degree or diploma in information technology, computer science, engineering or an equivalent level of education, training, and experience
- Professional-level Cisco Systems certification(s) and/or equivalent level of vendor training, knowledge, and experience
- Minimum 5+ years' experience in data/voice network design, implementation, administration, and support for a multisite business or organization
- Competency with configuration, administration, and support of:
- Routers and switches (required)
- Collaboration and unified communications technology (required)
- Wireless controllers and access points (desirable)
- Firewalls, security appliances, security servers (desirable)
- Knowledgeable in data/voice network architectures, technologies, standards, best practices, hardware, provisioning, configuration, protocols, security, monitoring, analysis, and troubleshooting
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, written and organizational skills, as well as the ability to work collaboratively within a team and/or work alone with minimal supervision
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Effectively multi-task and prioritize workload across multiple projects concurrently
- Demonstrate professionalism, integrity, initiative, confidentiality, and a strong customer service orientation
This position can be based out of any of our communities where we operate, however frequent travel can be expected.
At Canfor, diversity means understanding, recognizing and valuing the differences that make each person unique. We see inclusion and diversity as an essential part of our productivity, creativity, innovation and competitive advantage. We strive for a fair and equitable recruitment process, where hiring decisions are based on the individual qualifications and experience of each applicant.
We are not your run of the mill forest products company, join us and find out why. #canfortalent
Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook for Canfor news, career opportunities, and upcoming events!
Prince George, BC
Known as BC's Northern Capital, Prince George is city that offers big city comfort and convenience, but small town serenity and sensibilities. As the largest city in northern BC, Prince George is a hub of industry, offering numerous employment opportunities and is home to the University of Northern British Columbia. This region's temperate climate creates a lush environment of emerald-green forests and ample opportunities for outdoor activity. For more information, visit http://canfor.com/our-company/our-communities/prince-george