Microchip Technology Inc. is a leading provider of embedded control applications. Our product portfolio comprises general purpose and specialized 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit microcontrollers, 32-bit microprocessors, field-programmable gate array (FPGA) products, a broad spectrum of high-performance linear, mixed-signal, power management, thermal management, radio frequency (RF), timing, safety, security, wired connectivity and wireless connectivity devices, as well as serial Electrically Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory (EEPROM), Serial Flash memories, Parallel Flash memories, and serial Static Random Access Memory (SRAM). We also license Flash-IP solutions that are incorporated in a broad range of products.
Senior Product Marketing role supporting Tier 1 data center client engagements.
This exciting and impactful role requires the candidate to work collaboratively with sales and product management teams to develop and execute an account based strategy at one or more of Microchip's large OEM and Hyperscale data center customers.
The successful candidate will bring a mix of strategic account management and technical aptitude in working jointly with Microchip's sales and architecture team on supporting existing client engagements, understanding future client needs and technical direction while presenting a compelling product value proposition on existing products that is tailored to the needs of the client. The candidate shall have a strong sense of customer service and a successful track record of building and maintaining strong customer relationships. Ideally the candidate should have experience in bringing to market high-value, innovative and commercially successful data center technologies.
Create key deliverables such as RFQ responses, Pricing strategy, Market & Competitive analysis and working with product management to produce compelling product collateral.
Candidate must possess excellent and effective oral and written communications skills, including the ability to express ideas clearly and concisely, and the ability to present effectively to Microchip Tier 1 Customers and internal audiences.
Candidate should possess strong knowledge about server and storage data center technologies and have a successful track record of growing and fostering client engagement within data center equipment OEMs and/or hyperscale clients. Candidate must demonstrate that they are a self-starter, self-directed, and highly motivated with a desire to make an impact.
- 8+ years of Semiconductor Product Marketing experience
- Storage solutions marketing experience
- Bachelor's degree in EE or equivalent technical experience required
- Masters Degree in Business Administration or equivalent business education/experience
- Experience with storage & SOC technologies including: SAS, SATA, PCIe, NVMe, RAID, memory technologies, device drivers, embedded firmware
- Experience working with data center and/or server/storage customers
- Familiarity with data center architectures and trends
- Demonstrated ability to establish strong external customer and partnership relationships
- Strong communication and presentation skills to influence internal/external customers and key decision makers on our technology and strategy
- Aggressive focus on winning design opportunities, developing and driving business plans
- Successful demonstration of relationship building across functional groups to gain support for department and/or group goals