At IBM, work is more than a job
- it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
This position resides in Markham, Ontario and is a 16-month work term commencing May 2021. It is mandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work term.
This position is with our Data and AI Content Design (CD) team. As a Content Designer, you will work in an agile development environment to complete information development projects, and keep information deliverables organized and on schedule. This role will assist in defining and then develop, package, and deliver content to various audiences. Candidates should be self-motivated individuals who are comfortable working in a fast-changing, agile environment. The role will interface and assist the various technical teams within the organization which are responsible for specific product or technology.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
- Design, research, and develop material for clients
- Synthesize complex technical information into clear instructions for users.
- Act as Content Design focal point on project teams, taking responsibility for producing documentation for the team, and reporting issues and progress
- Proven written and verbal skills in English
- Demonstrated skills in HTML, XML, and mark-up languages.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience with GitHub
- Familiarity with software application industry, agile processes, development methodologies, relational databases, and release cycles
- Work well with worldwide teams and prioritize multiple tasks
About Business Unit
Digitization is accelerating the ongoing evolution of business, and clouds
- public, private, and hybrid
- enable companies to extend their existing infrastructure and integrate across systems. IBM Cloud provides the security, control, and visibility that our clients have come to expect. We are working to provide the right tools and environment to combine all of our client's data, no matter where it resides, to respond to changing market dynamics.
Your Life @ IBM
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities
- where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by Export Regulations sanctions. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following US sanctioned countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.