At IBM, work is more than a job
- it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
This position resides in Ottawa, Ontario and is a 12-month work term commencing May 2021. It is mandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work term.
The IBM Canada Lab Centre for Advanced Studies (CAS) team is looking for a talented and highly motivated Communications Intern to produce content in order to promote the work of CAS and to support internal and external communications. You are expected to be collaborative, organized and highly adaptive in order to work with the different parts of the organization, including IBM Canada internal and external communications professionals. You should be both a strong communicator and a self-starter, and a wild duck at heart
- agile, not afraid to think outside the box, and keen to push on great new ideas.
The ideal candidate will have expertise in producing content across a variety of channels including blogs, social media, and print publications. You should be able to work under minimal guidance with demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills. Your communication skills, agility and attitude will be fundamental to the success of all our projects and to overall team success.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Must be eligible for a 12-month work term starting May 2021
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
- Content development
- experience in development content across platforms, including social, blogs, video, webcasts, PowerPoint presentations, print media
- Writing skills
ability to translate academic and research-focused language for a general audience, both internal and external
- Creative ability
storytelling, willingness to innovate
- Ability to work collaboratively with in-office and remote staff
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor Degree or postgraduate training in communications, journalism, public relations or similar
- Ability to operate and build consensus in a highly complex, matrixed environment
- Digital production
advanced design skills, video production and editing, photography skills
About Business Unit
IBM's Cloud and Cognitive software business is committed to bringing the power of IBM's Cloud and Watson/AI technologies to life for our clients and ecosystem partners around the world. IBM provides you with the most comprehensive and consistent approach to development, security and operations across hybrid environments-with complete software solutions for business and IT operations, development, data science, security, and management. Our experts and software capabilities help organizations develop applications once and deploy them anywhere, integrate security across the breadth of their IT estate, and automate operations with management visibility. With IBM, you also have access to new skills and methods, governance and management approaches, and a deep ecosystem of industry experts and partners.
Your Life @ IBM
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities
- where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by Export Regulations sanctions. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following US sanctioned countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.