News Editor (BC)-News Delivery
Burnaby, BC, Canada Req #1105
Monday, February 22, 2021
Are you creative, dynamic and passionate? Do you like to think outside of the box and find new ways to achieve your goals? Corus Entertainment has an exciting opportunity for you. If you have a passion for excellence, and would like to work for Corus Entertainment, we encourage you to apply.
About the Role:
Global BC is looking for a part-time Editor to join the #1 newsroom in Western Canada. This position reports to the Chief Editor and is a Group 4 position under the current collective agreement.
- Edit news footage to accurately portray events for airing on Global BC, BC 1 and Global National News;
- Communicate and cooperate with Producers, Reporters, and Camera Operators who may be contacted in field;
- The successful applicant will work regular mornings, evenings and weekends as well as various other shifts as required depending on vacation schedules.
What We Need From You:
- Degree or diploma in Broadcasting Technology program;
- A minimum of three to five years' experience editing television news;
- Strong editorial and storytelling skills;
- Use sound editorial judgment and journalist ethics in the handling of sensitive material;
- Able to act independently with minimum supervision, and work effectively in a team environment;
- Working knowledge of social media tools and technologies (Twitter, Facebook, etc.) and related applications;
- Proven ability to edit with speed and accuracy on various editing systems including Grass Valley and Final Cut Pro.
If You Have the Following....We Want to Hear From You!
- Strong interpersonal skills are essential and a positive attitude is extremely important;
- The ability to learn and adapt to changing technology and program requirements;
- Ability to handle the demands and pressure of multiple daily online and broadcast deadlines;
- The ability to work with speed and accuracy in a stressful team-oriented environment;
- Possess knowledge of the law and how it relates to the media.
Deadline for applications; March 2, 2021
At Corus we value and actively involve the full range of what makes people unique in order to create a strong and innovative company where amazing people thrive. A company where people have the full opportunity to show their unique value and develop their potential. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, people of colour, people with disabilities, people from all gender and sexually diverse communities and people with intersectional identities.
Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
How to Apply
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now.'
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before we can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. Please ensure you notify your manager before applying to this role.
02-Media/Communications Creative & Design