Toronto, ON, Canada Req #1102
Monday, February 22, 2021
Are you creative, dynamic and passionate? Do you like to think outside of the box and find new ways to achieve your goals? Corus Entertainment has an exciting opportunity for you. If you have a passion for excellence, and would like to work for Corus Entertainment, we encourage you to apply.
Job Title: Corporate Communications Intern
Reporting To: Events & Sponsorship Lead
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
Corus Entertainment is a leading media and content company that develops and delivers high quality brands and content across platforms for audiences around the world. We're looking for an enthusiastic Corporate Communications Intern to join our team to support the execution of communications campaigns and activities that help build and enhance Corus' corporate reputation among key audiences, the business community, media and third-party organizations. The internship period is 17 weeks in duration starting May 3, 2021 to August 27, 2021 (Tuesday to Friday commitment).
In this Corporate Communications Intern role, you will be responsible for:
- Media and social media monitoring, reporting and archiving
- Research, drafting and supporting a variety of communications and CSR initiatives
- Collect and organize visual asset material (artwork, video clips, etc.) as needed
- Assisting in the organization and facilitation of virtual events
- Support research and drafting of submissions for corporate awards
- Conduct media research and assist with media relations as well media database updates
- Support quarterly audits of internal and external websites
*Please note the successful candidates will receive an honourarium upon successful completion of the internship. Students requiring an internship to complete their studies may apply.
Our ideal candidates will have:
- Enrolled in an undergraduate degree or diploma program in public relations or communications
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong organizational skills and superior attention to detail
- Above average computer skills in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Enthusiasm, creativity and strong organizational skills
- Ability to work in a virtual setting individually and as part of a team
- Interest in and knowledge of the Canadian broadcast and entertainment industries' trends and developments
*Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Corus is a driving force in the media industry with a diverse portfolio of strong brands that entertain and inform audiences through great storytelling and compelling content, reaching millions of people around the world every day.
We have a passionate drive to connect with the world around us: to express, to share, to be part of people's lives. Walk around our offices, our stations, our studios across the country and you'll feel it. You'll see it in action.
You'll see it in the open communication and the approachability of our people. You'll see it in our care for quality work and the interest in new, creative solutions. You'll see it in how we work with external partners, and how we care about our communities. These are all core to the values we commit to living each and every day
- Win Together, Think Beyond, Make It Happen, Learn Every Day, Show We Care. Our values describe what makes us pretty unique
- and amazing
- place to work.
At Corus we value and actively involve the full range of what makes people unique in order to create a strong and innovative company where amazing people thrive. A company where people have the full opportunity to show their unique value and develop their potential. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, people of colour, people with disabilities, people from all gender and sexually diverse communities and people with intersectional identities.
Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
How to Apply
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now'.
- No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.