The Unified Communications Technician will deliver unified communications (UC) solutions to support existing and future platforms, product and service functionality, and multi-platform integration at client locations. You will perform day-to-day installation, service, programming, testing, and troubleshooting of UC systems which include Premise-Based; Hosted, and Cloud Solutions. (Ex. Mitel, Avaya, Microsoft, and RingCentral)
This role requires the ability and know-how to properly complete the installation, understand and follow the BOM, and be capable of making adjustments or finding alternative solutions as needed to complete installations to client satisfaction.
We expect all employees to represent Paladin in a professional manner in line with our values of a leadership mindset, people development, team, and client-focused.
- Install and program UC platforms which may include some or all of the following functionality: Chat; Presence; Voice; Mobility; Audio; Web; Video; Desktop Sharing; Call Control; Speech Recognition; Unified Messaging.
- Employ appropriate troubleshooting techniques for UC product platform of Premise, Hosted, and Cloud point-to-point as well as point to co-location network applications.
- Complete work orders for moves, adds changes (MAC) and deletions, on company-supported product lines.
- Ensure front-line customer satisfaction by dealing professionally and effectively with all internal and external customers/clients.
- Receive, plan, and prioritize jobs/work orders via centralized resource management in his/ her territory on a daily basis.
- Coordinate with other Team Members within North America.
- Complete required documentation in a variety of written and electronic formats according to company standards such as time reporting for billing & payroll, work order progress & completion, time and materials for client SLAs, etc.
- Request equipment and supplies for the purpose of maintaining inventory and ensuring the availability of required items, as required.
- Respond to emergency situations during or after hours for the purpose of resolving immediate client concerns and meet SLAs.
- Transport a variety of items (e.g. tools, equipment, supplies, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the availability of materials required at the client site.
- Attend meetings, workshops, training, and seminars for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform job functions.
- Achieve performance targets established by leadership for applicable Key Performance Indicators.
Adaptability: Quickly adapt to deliver on desired outcomes for our clients
Accountability: Own your work from start to finish
Service Orientation: Strive to exceed customer expectations
Innovation: Always look for new ways to add value
Technical knowledge: constantly build your skillset and demonstrate your abilities
- Minimum 2+ years' experience with Unified Communications (UC) systems.
- Industry and manufacturer-specific certifications preferred (examples: Voice/Network Certified, Microsoft MCSE, Mitel Certified Implementation/Support Specialist.
- Proven ability to install, service, program, test and troubleshoot UC systems.
- Preferred 2+ years' experience installing, servicing, and maintaining low voltage cable infrastructure systems such as Category 3, Category 5, Enhanced Category 5, Category 6, and Fiber Optic Structured Cable Distribution Systems.
- Experience performing rack and stack activities preferred
- The Comprehension of terminology pertaining to installation & service of cabling infrastructure for telecom, data, security & wireless systems
- Strong customer/client service orientation with effective communication and interpersonal skills, including tact and diplomacy.
- Mechanical aptitude with the ability to read blueprints, architectural, mechanical, and electrical documents.
- The familiarity of PBX and other Legacy Voice products.
- Associate degree or Certification in a technology service/technical discipline, or equivalent work experience.
- Valid driver's license and ability to safely drive company vehicles.
Paladin Technologies has emerged as the largest complex systems integrator in Canada. As a leader in the design, deployment, optimization, management, and maintenance of IP-based Integrated Security, Audio-Visual and Data Networking systems, Paladin can meet the needs of clients on a national scale, while providing local support.
We are a multi-national company with a local feel that operates across Canada, the western US, and Texas. The experts that makeup Paladin's teams stay at the forefront of the changing technology landscape through continued training, complex client projects, and company support. As Paladin continues to grow, we continue to provide our employees with exciting challenges and a rewarding career.
Visit our website and social media pages for more info:
Company Website Facebook LinkedIn
We thank you for your application however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Paladin Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Powered by JazzHR