This role is for mission-driven people that want to leave the world in a better state than how they found it, 6ix provides an opportunity to connect the world's financial ecosystem: Every investor, every analyst, and every company.
We're pursuing this mission because for too long, economic opportunities have been limited to those with connections or those with existing wealth. Our products and services democratize access to investment opportunities so that people can live better lives, and participate in how the world around them gets built.
Our mission spans 7 continents (including Antarctica), 10 billion people (we give consideration to past and future generations), and is fundamentally a mission about leaving the world in a better state than how we found it.
About the role:
6ix is seeking a Senior Writer who has a pulse on the mining/capital markets scene. You have a successful career in digital content creation including news, features, blogs, copywriting, and social media. You are confident when given new challenges. You have experience working in a digital news environment where content quality is equally as important as distribution.
You have experience creating, maintaining and executing a demanding content calendar. You are able to work directly with clients to brainstorm ideas and concepts in real-time that both meet the client's needs while maintaining the integrity of the publication.
Roles And Responsibilities
- Produce several articles a day relating to the mining/capital markets sector
- Brainstorming ideas and concepts for the visual and words with other members of the creative team
- Turn around top-quality content within short timelines.
- Meeting with account executives to discuss the client's requirements and core messages
- Familiarising themselves with the product, target audience and competitor activities in the market
- Presenting initial ideas to the creative director, some of which may be rejected or developed into workable concepts
- Writing various copy options, which may be presented to the client as a storyboard (a consecutive series of frames depicting the script and drawings that may be used)
- Overseeing the production phase, booking and liaising with designers, illustrators, printers, photographers, and production companies
- Assist with other content activities such as copywriting, press releases, blog posts, newsletters and more.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in journalism, marketing or communications
- Strong writing and grammar skills and the ability to enforce the site's style and formatting guidelines.
- An understanding of what makes content compelling and shareable.
- Working knowledge of WordPress, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
- Intermediate knowledge of SEO, web and social media analytics.
- Experience with content discovery and social monitoring platforms.
- Strong time management and attention to detail.
- Flexibility to adapt to the evolving needs of a growing company.
- Photography and Photoshop experience is considered an asset, though not a requirement.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and work independently.
- A love of learning.
- A proven work ethic and desire to excel and succeed.
- A desire for constant self-improvement