What is the opportunity?
Our Collective Ambition articulates who we are and where we are going. This advisory and support role is critical in helping Southwestern Ontario on that journey. Collaborating with the Regional Office team and under the leadership of the Regional Director, Marketing & Citizenship, this position will play a critical role in enhancing RBC's leadership position, positively driving brand and business impact through our sponsorship, marketing and citizenship partnerships.
As the Coordinator, Regional Marketing and Citizenship for Southwestern Ontario at RBC, you will support the tactical execution and administration of our regional sponsorship, marketing and citizenship activities across multiple lines of business and various partners ensuring unique brand engagement, alignment to diversity and inclusion priorities and overall regional alignment and execution. You will also play a key role in sharing impact through storytelling both with employees and externally with our clients and communities.
**While the Southwestern Ontario Regional Office is located in Waterloo, and there will be an expectation to come to Waterloo as required, remote work/working from home can be considered for this role. The successful candidate will need to be prepared to travel throughout the region as required based on regional initiatives.**
What will you do?
- Provides event planning and execution for key initiatives such as donation announcements, sponsorship related events, activation and community marketing activities (including the RBC Olympian program).
- Provides administrative support for all donation and sponsorship related activities, including processing cheques, correspondence, reporting and administering donations under $5,000.
- Support the Communications Manager with execution of public relation plans including internal digital communications and social media with various forms of technology and outreach to local market media outlets as needed.
- Supports the activities of the Regional Diversity and Inclusion Council including support to the Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), regional events and the overall diversity and inclusion regional strategy.
- Supports the Manager, Citizenship and Social Impact with all employee engagement activities, including reporting, promotion and being the first point of contact for all inquiries.
- Supports the Regional Marketing Manager with the tactical execution of initiatives related to Network Transformation (Alternate Branch Formats).
- Assists with one off requests for marketing resources from the branch network and approves all shelf ads requested through marketing central.
- Manages the day to day budget for the Marketing and Citizenship team, including payment and tracking of invoices, investigations with Accounts Payable and reporting.
- Provides direct support to the Regional Director, Marketing and Citizenship with strategic projects and programs.
- Gatekeeper for the RBC logo and RBC recognition in relation to donations, small community level sponsorships and other communication needs.
- Ensures compliance of RBC Foundation practices in accordance with Canada Revenue Agency, the RBC Global Donation's Policy and aligned to head office's strategic community investment plan.
- Provides support for the Southwestern Ontario Regional Office priorities and initiatives as needed.
- Lives the RBC Leadership Model in all aspects of work.
What do you need to succeed?
- Demonstrated passion for working well in a team oriented and collaborative environment.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively (verbal and written).
- 2-3 years proven Marketing and Event Planning experience, with multi-tasking abilities that include exceptional time management; organization; resourcefulness and flexibility.
- Excellent relationship building skills combined with a creative mindset (someone who's not afraid to think outside the box).
- Digital and technical awareness and literacy across different platforms and operating models (i.e. demonstrated proficiency with social media and all Microsoft Office applications
- Outlook; Word; Excel; PowerPoint)
- Personal flexibility to work outside of business hours and travel as required (i.e. evenings and weekends).
Nice to have
- Post-secondary diploma/degree, ideally in Event Planning, Marketing, Communications.
What's in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including performance based bonuses, flexible benefits, and competitive compensation
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- A collaborative dynamic culture where personal initiative and hard work are recognized and rewarded
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at jobs.rbc.com.
Address: 95 King Street South
Work Hours/Week: 37.5
Work Environment: Regional Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salary
- Variable Bonus
Required Travel (%): 0-25
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: 03/02/2021
Platform: Personal & Commercial Banking
Req ID: 325338