Do you want to be part of our successful business supporting the Business Development and Bids function for Turner & Townsend in Canada? We are looking for a talented Marketing & Communications Manager to join our team.
At Turner & Townsend we're passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Our team is dynamic, innovative and client-focused. Our clients value our proactive approach, depth of expertise, integrity and the quality we deliver. As a result our people get to work on some of the most exciting projects in the world.
Who are you?
You are an experienced Marketing & Communications Manager
The Marketing & Communications Manager will support the business and the Senior Business Development Manager in helping drive growth through market positioning and brand enhancement.
This is a hands-on role
- you will need to support, understand and articulate propositions, develop and manage a pipeline of brand promotion activities. You will have oversight of the marketing/communications plan and annual marketing budget.
This role requires an ability to see the bigger picture along with a commitment to excellence and a determination to always deliver.
The role will be based in Toronto and report to the Senior Business Development Manager.
Responsibilities to include, but not be limited to, the following:
Turner & Townsend marketing campaigns comprise a number of activities to promote professional services to existing and new clients, within a variety of sectors and areas of specialism to align with the business.
- Assist in all activities, as and where required in relation to the coordination and development of significant and focused marketing campaigns at a local, regional and global level.
- Coordinate and administer campaigns, including campaign setup, execution, and follow-up.
Conferences and events, including where relevant, sponsorship opportunities, which may be arranged by, but not limited to professional institutions, organizations and third parties for the purposes of marketing, client engagement and business generation.
- Research and monitor Canada conferences and events, advising the Senior Management team of the dates and costs as part of the annual and quarterly review meetings.
- Coordinate, arrange, book and administer all conferences, and events (including specific client engagement events), for attendance by the Senior Management team.
- Attend events and conferences, as and when required.
Turner & Townsend corporate publications for distribution to existing and targeted clients and partners.
- Administer, arrange and coordinate Company publications, (including but not limited to; design, content, copy writing, imagery, quotations, proof reading and approvals, printing and distribution) liaising with internal and external parties, as may be required.
- Support publication content generation and production processes including the liaison with Senior Management, to formulate case studies and success stories.
- Ensure publications are in alignment with Global and Regional strategies, corporate brand guidelines and requirements.
- Provide input and Canada specific content to Regional and Global Business Generations (BG) publications, as required.
Canada social media relates to the media platforms, websites and applications that enable users to create and share Turner & Townsend specific content or to participate in social networking with a specific focus on the promotion of the brand and/or business as a whole.
- Liaise with Senior Management, Global and Regional BG teams to coordinate, align and develop a Social Media strategy and plan.
- Consistently engage with, and significantly increase, usage of the Canada social media platforms, to convey the Turner & Townsend message.
- Provide data analytics relating to social media usage and engagement, as and when requested.
Responsible for all forms of internal/external communications with internal and external parties, partners and stakeholders as may be required by the Company, under the remit of marketing communications.
- Working closely with NAM communications professionals to assist in maintaining excellent relationships with local, regional, and international media to promote good publicity and counteract negative exposure.
- Preparation of marketing and communication related materials for internal purposes, to comprise; newsletters, email updates, reports and trackers etc.
- Prepare draft quarterly board reports (Marketing & Communications section) for Canada.
Education and Experience
- Degree and/or 5-7+ years qualification in marketing and communications is preferred. (Level of experience of similar and candidate aptitude is, however, more important.)
Key Skills and Knowledge
- Professional services experience preferred
- must be able to operate on their own initiative, and prioritize effectively
- Executive presence & strong communicator
- able to engage with confidence at all levels of the business
- Works well within a team, strong customer focus
- Able to work at pace, supporting a fast moving business with dynamic opportunities
- Commitment to continuous improvement and delivery excellence
- Excellent attention to detail
- sets a high standard
- Strong personality; passionate about and focused on doing the right things to support business success
- Sees activities through to delivery of outcome
- Proven experience as a marketing executive
- Understanding of marketing principles
- Demonstrate ability to multi-task and adhere to deadlines
- Well-organized with a customer-orientated approach
- Strong copywriting and proofreading skills
- Strong knowledge of MS Office
- Used to working on marketing data bases
Turner & Townsend is a leading independent professional services company specializing in program management, project management, cost management and consulting across the property, infrastructure and natural resources sectors. With 108 offices in 45 countries, we draw on our extensive global and industry experience to manage risk while maximizing value and performance during the construction and operation of our clients' assets. We are an Equal opportunity employer who will ensure accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities upon request
Turner & Townsend does not accept any speculative or unsolicited CV's that have been sent to our internal recruitment team or hiring managers from agencies outside of our preferred supplier list. Any speculative or unsolicited CV's will be treated as a direct application.