Full Time Employment Opportunity
Reporting to the Program Manager, Engagement, the Communications Coordinator, Engagement is responsible for preparing and
disseminating employee information in a timely, proactive and efficient manner, with a primary function to manage content on the employee
intranet (iNET) and employee news mediums. In addition, this position will assist with deliverables for internal and external communications
plans, and create materials to support various projects, programs, and initiatives.
- Create and edit content for iNET, ensuring information is maintained on a daily basis and information is posted and updated in a timely manner.
- Act as liaison with other departments in coordination of information to be posted in iNET.
- Maintain a calendar and coordinate scheduling to ensure timing of iNET posts do not conflict and appropriate information is prioritized/highlighted.
- Assist Communications department with postings related to other corporate web sites.
- Research, develop, write and edit stories and other materials to support engagement.
- Responsible for content, layout, and publishing of employee news.
- Design and layout of communications materials such as posters, brochures, web banners, infographics, and other web content as assigned.
- Assist in the planning, coordination, and execution of internal and external promotional events and activities.
- Proofread and edit written materials.
- Other communications and administrative duties as assigned.
- Assist with special projects and assignments as required.
- Encourage a climate that supports diversity.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Primary Qualifications :
- Degree or diploma from a recognized communications program, or an equivalent combination of education and excellent writing, editing, and graphic design experience.
- A minimum of two (2) years' experience in a related field.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office 365 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) and proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud applications, specifically Photoshop, InDesign, and basic knowledge of Premiere Pro.
- Experience in website maintenance (e.g., WordPress) is a must.
- The core competencies for this position include achieving quality results, adaptability/managing change, communication, customer service, decision making and problem solving, integrity and building trust, teamwork and cooperation and valuing diversity. These
competencies are deemed important for the success of the position and organization.
- Satisfactory work performance in the preceding twelve (12) months is a requirement. Attendance rate will be a factor in the pre-screening process.
Secondary Qualifications :
- Bilingual (French/English) language skills.
Bargaining Unit: CUPE
Individuals should apply by completing our online application form at www.mbll.ca/jobs or by submitting a resume and application to:
Email via Isarta
Mail: Human Resources
1555 Buffalo Place
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3C 2X1
All applications are due by February 21, 2021.
We thank all interested applicants, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.