WHO WE ARE
BioTalent Canada is the HR partner for Canada’s biotechnology industry. Our success relies on the power of our relationships – our team has built a dynamic network of associations, academic institutions, service providers, and employers doing incredible, leading-edge work to drive the Canadian biotechnology economy forward. Our services help that network to strengthen skills, connect job-ready talent to industry, and enable employers to create thriving workforces that support their growth.
Recently, BioTalent Canada was named one of Best Workplaces in Ontario for 2020 and Best Workplaces in Healthcare. These distinctions were awarded to BioTalent Canada following a thorough and independent analysis conducted by Great Place to Work. Direct feedback from employees was provided to Great Place to Work through a staff survey.
The Canadian bio-economy is people focused, a career of choice and a key driver of the Canadian economy.
We strengthen Canada’s bio-economy by providing valuable, evidence-based labour market information and the best job-ready human resources available.
Acting in partnership we harness our candor, enthusiasm and sincerity to demonstrate leadership, credibility, integrity and diversity.
WHAT WE DO
We conduct Labour Market Research to provide insights for our partners into workforce availability. We deliver wage subsidies and facilitate career placement opportunities to help employers reduce the risk of hiring and allow biotechnology workers access to unique opportunities in their field. We provide job search and candidate search tools to connect employers with talent, and we provide professional development opportunities for workers to develop the skills they need to support Canada’s bio-economy. We are connection-creators and relationship-builders, and we thrive on opening doors and creating opportunities for the groups we serve.
Our team is the key to our success. We have a dedicated group of high-performing employees who live our values and are driven to achieve great things, but we balance our commitment and hard work with our joie-de-vivre – we prize hilarious jokes, innovative approaches, diverse perspectives, and community-mindedness.
We take pride in the work environment at BioTalent Canada, and we offer a number of unique programs and benefits to employees to enrich their experience working here. In 2019, we enlisted an external consulting firm to conduct market research to determine the market competitiveness of our current programs and benefits. Out of that study, we learned that among Canadian Non-Profit and Small- to Medium-Sized Enterprises (SMEs), BioTalent Canada’s collective paid leave programs (including vacation, sick time, personal emergency leave, volunteer time off and statutory holidays) are above market.
We are currently looking for a talented Outreach Representative (Contract, remote) to join our team.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Under the supervision of the Outreach and Business Development Officer, you will engage with bioscience/healthcare employers across Canada to increase awareness of and participation in BioTalent Canada’s wage subsidy programs and national research projects.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Make dozens of outbound cold calls per day while successfully balancing with up to 15 inbound inquiries per week
- Actively engage with employers and other industry stakeholders for participation in BioTalent Canada’s programs and projects
- Research leads/prospects to identify key contacts and qualify opportunities
- Develop and maintain relationships to best understand the needs of employers
- Transfer qualified opportunities to appropriate team members for further development (if applicable)
- Track all activity and progress in the client relationship management (CRM) system
- Other duties in line with the Mission and Objectives of BioTalent Canada
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Post-Secondary degree/diploma in a relevant discipline
- 2-3 years inside sales/outreach marketing experience
- Proven track record of achievement in a sales or business development role
- Results-oriented mindset with critical thinking at the core
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English (bilingualism is a definite asset)
- Strong listening and confident presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively
- Affable team player with an outstanding sense of humour who excels working with a team of high performers
Preferred qualifications include:
- Bilingualism (English/French) with oral and written communication
- Knowledge of/experience in the bioscience/healthcare industry in Canada
- Proficient with corporate productivity tools
BioTalent Canada prides itself on being an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for applications in all aspects of the selection process.
Interested applicants can submit a resume and cover letter.