BlueDot continues to grow and as a result we are looking for a Communications Manager to effectively tell BlueDot's story to the world, generating positive press coverage that leads to inbound interest and Marketing Qualified Leads.
Who we are:
BlueDot protects people around the world from infectious diseases using human and artificial intelligence. Our software-as-a-service solution combines medical and public health expertise with advanced data analytics to track, contextualize, and mitigate infectious disease risks. Our global early warning system combines more than 100 datasets with proprietary algorithms to deliver critical insights on the spread of infectious diseases. In December 2019, we flagged an undiagnosed respiratory syndrome in Wuhan, China. In January 2020, we published the world's first scientific paper on COVID-19, accurately predicting its global spread.
Our team understands the complexity of the challenge in front of us
- and that the urgency to solve the problem has never been greater. BlueDot's culture as described by our people is the diversity, openness, creativity, respect, intelligence, and kindness we share with each other. We are hard workers, motivated by a common purpose and excited to collaborate with a team who come from diverse backgrounds and schools of thought. We are a Certified B Corp, which means we meet rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency. We have also been recognized as a Best Place to Work for Women, Best in Technology, Best for Youth, Best StartUp and a top 25 Best Workplace in the country!
Our shared values:
Our values are not just words on a wall. They are our compass and they guide us in our work, in the decisions we make and in how we treat each other:
- Driven by Purpose
- We are united by a purpose that is bigger than ourselves. We are on a mission to create a healthier, safer and more prosperous world.
- Dealing with lives, we must be intentional, diligent, and precise.
- When we free our minds from conventional thinking, impossible challenges become possible.
- We're better at solving complex problems when we draw from our diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are composed of an intentionally eclectic collective of people with varying expertise united in a singular desire to outsmart infectious disease, every voice is heard and valued.
- We believe that happiness is an essential ingredient for success.
What you will do in more detail:
- Develop and implement proactive comms strategy focussed on telling the story of how BlueDot empowers businesses and governments to safeguard lives and livelihoods.
- Work with Sales to refine BlueDot's pitch.
- Generate continuous flow of stories, case studies, and proof points.
- Engage earned, owned, and paid media to tell our story.
- Connect all comms initiatives to Marketing Qualified Lead creation.
- Increase high-quality earned media.
- Provide comms support, message management and media training for team leaders.
- Work with spokespeople to prepare them for media interviews.
- Build relationships with key journalists.
- Manage crisis communications.
- Maximize promotional opportunities with existing clients and partners.
- Work closely with Client Success to identify opportunities.
- Offer innovative ideas and collaborations that increase BlueDot's value to clients.
What you bring to BlueDot:
- Passionate about wanting to help make the world healthier, safer, and more prosperous
- Alignment with our vision and our values
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, journalism, or a related field, or equivalent experience
- 5 to 7 years experience managing corporate and/or executive communications
- Ability to execute quickly in an organized manner while also thinking strategically
- Successful experience within early and growth phase start-ups, preferably in health tech, healthcare, or a medical field
- Ability and desire to work collaboratively with colleagues in a results-driven, team-oriented environment
- No ego and an agile approach, learning quickly as you go
- Exceptional written, verbal, and presentation communication skills, delivered with confidence to all audiences, backed by research, and free of arrogance
- Ability and desire to build strong relationships using active listening skills
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and empathetic people skills
- Curiosity and a strong growth/learning mindset
What we offer our team:
- Meaningful work that truly has purpose
- As a smaller, agile team, we offer roles with impact
- Your contributions are integral, your voice will be heard
- A competitive comprehensive compensation package
- Outstanding health, vision and dental benefits
- Employee and Family Assistance Plan
- A health and wellness spending account
- Generous vacation and other PTO
- A home office setup allowance
We are working remotely due to COVID-19 until at least January 2022.
Together let's create a healthier, safer, and more prosperous world.
For more information, visit us at: http://bluedot.global.
BlueDot is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse, inclusive and accessible workplace for all. All qualified applicants will receive fair consideration without regard to race, religion, citizenship, colour, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or other protected characteristics.
BlueDot is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please let us know how we can best meet your needs and advise us of any accommodations required to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process.
We thank and appreciate all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.