Humber River Hospital. Lighting New Ways In Healthcare.
Five years since opening our doors as North America's first fully digital hospital and we remain unwavering in our belief that we can change the hospital where we work, the community where we live, and the world of healthcare beyond our borders. At Humber River Hospital, we use a custom combination of technology and clinical expertise to rebuild elements of care. We make technology work for staff and physicians; giving them more time to spend with patients, to eliminate inefficiencies, and to reduce the chance of errors. Humber River Hospital is formally affiliated with both the University of Toronto and Queen's University and committed to becoming a community academic hospital. Clinical Excellence, Optimizing Care Through Technology and Community Connection frame our Research Strategy.
At Humber River Hospital, we're not hoping for a renaissance, we are making it happen. As part of our dynamic team, you can lead the way, as we continue our journey towards high reliability care!
Right now we're looking for a Graphic Designer.
Under the direction of the Manager, Public Affairs, the Graphic Designer is responsible for creating materials that promote Humber River Hospital's brand and story. They will provide advice and work with various internal and external clients on the design of both print and digital collateral while adhering to official brand guidelines, including hospital signage, brochures, PowerPoint presentations, reports, newsletters, e-mails, posters, web banners, logos and posters.
Reporting Relationship: Manager, Public Affairs
Salary Range: $66,095-70,227
Employee Group: Non union
Location: Humber River Hospital
- Wilson Site with occasional visits to Finch and Church sites
- Creating drafts of design elements for review by internal and external clients, making revisions based on feedback received and desired client outcomes and specifications
- Use graphic design software (i.e. Adobe Suite) to design print and digital collateral, including hospital signage, brochures, reports and images for use on social media and the website, infographics, newsletters, e-mails, logos and posters etc.
- Create dynamic digital (i.e PowerPoint) presentations that truly represent our state-of-the-art facility so as to support the CEO and Senior Management in their representation of the Hospital for corporate level meetings with internal and external stakeholders
- Review final productions for errors, ensuring final prints reflect client specifications and desired outcomes
- Create design templates and recommend template dissemination & access processes for print and digital collateral, including signage, letterhead, brochures, reports, images, posters, so as to promote consistent and efficient delivery of design work as per Hospital's branding guidelines
- Research effectiveness of designs and layouts
- Prepare materials for graphic projects
- Assist Senior Management Team with computer conferencing software (e.g. Zoom, Microsoft Teams) for internal and external stakeholders at corporate and clinical meetings
- Diploma in Graphic Design required
- Undergraduate degree in Graphic Design preferred
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Graphic Design required
- Proficiency with computer software programs
- MS Word, Power Point, Adobe Suite including Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop; and desktop publishing software
- Proficiency working with both PC and Mac operating systems
- Content management and user experience design skills required
- Illustration and motion graphic skills preferred
- Excellent ability to communicate complex ideas effectively through design
- Proficient in using Audio-visual systems and computer conferencing software (e.g. Zoom, Microsoft Teams)
- Excellent advertising and communication skills (e.g. newsletters, posters)
- Must have the ability to perform under pressure and within deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and also as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required
- Excellent attendance and discipline free record required
Interested applicants are required to apply online before the closing date. Applications that are incomplete or contain incorrect information may not be considered.
We thank all candidates that apply but only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview
Humber River Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate your needs as required under the Ontario Human Rights Code and Access for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact the Human Resources Department for assistance.