We are a global architecture, engineering, planning, and technology firm defining the cities of tomorrow.
By connecting design and technology, we change how people experience their built environment. We work across disciplines to create the intelligent systems, sustainable buildings, and efficient infrastructure that shapes the way people live, move, learn, and heal.
With over 2,700 employees and 60+ offices around the world, we understand what it takes to work locally and scale globally.
At IBI, we're defining the cities of tomorrow.
Here's how we work:
Looking to leverage your creativity and unique skill set by contributing to a global brand identity? IBI Group is currently undergoing an exciting transformation from a traditional architectural and engineering consulting company to a cutting-edge, technology-driven design firm, and is in need of talented creatives to help drive our new strategic plan and brand vision forward.
We are seeking a Graphic Designer to join our local marketing team, located in IBI's office in Edmonton, Alberta. Working directly with our Team Lead, you will join our team in Edmonton as part of a larger Canada West region and have exposure to individuals at all levels of the organizational hierarchy. This means working directly with directors, project managers and a diverse set of disciplines and clients on the coordination and execution of a wide range of marketing and business development materials for print platforms.
This position is first and foremost one for a graphic designer. However, there is opportunity to expand your skill set and gain experience as a proposal coordinator. When first hired, this position will focus purely on graphic design. Once you become familiar with the IBI Group brand and have a solid foundation, you will begin to coordinate proposals. Eventually, in this role, 50% of your time would be spent on graphic related tasks, and the other 50% would be spent on proposal coordination activities. This ratio is flexible, though, and will change as the workload does.
If you don't have proposal coordination experience or know what one is, don't worry! We are willing to train you if you are eager to learn!
If this description ramps you up, come have a chat with us to learn more. IBI offers you a career you can define... Discover It!
Most of the things you'll work on:
Graphic Design Tasks:
- Applying creative thinking and design skills to a variety of print and digital media, including multi-million dollar proposals, marketing and promotional materials, such as conference booth graphics, brochures, flyers/pamphlets, etc., and eye-catching digital presentations
- Walking, talking, and breathing the IBI brand while upholding brand guidelines and standards
- Applying proposal content to designed layouts using corporate templates
- Developing customized graphic designs for client-based project work, such as project presentations and reports
- Providing creative advice and direction, managing workflow processes, owning design execution, and ensuring quality control of creative work
- Providing design support effectively and efficiently within the Regional Marketing Team
- Preparing material for production and overseeing production from start to finish; coordinating with external third parties for production when applicable
- Maintaining project files in a highly organized manner
- Developing opportunity-specific content as necessary, including organizational charts and schedules
- Document production
Proposal Coordination Tasks:
- Conduct proposal kickoff meetings to establish deadlines and distribute workload
- Ensure a high level of professionalism and quality is communicated through content, layout and the use of visuals that is consistent with the corporate brand and vision
- Apply proposal content to the designed layout using corporate templates, production, and project management
- Work with Directors and Project Managers to gather proposal content and complete a proposal from start to finish
- Contribute to the generation, collection, dissemination, and storage of proposal related information
- Review and analyze in-bound proposal requests (such as RFQ, RFP, EOI, SOA, etc.) to help prepare responses
- Coordinate team members and enforce internal deadlines to complete proposal forms, custom resume alterations, additional information from subconsultants, etc. to meet the proposal due date
- Keep information up to date in CRM
You'll need to have:
- 1-3 years of experience in Graphic Design with a degree in the field or equivalent
- Must be a fast learner and efficient with the ability to multi-task
- Must have experience with long document formatting in InDesign
- Experience managing multiple tight project deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Comfortable coordinating with individuals at different levels of the organizational hierarchy
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work with and manage different personalities
- Must be willing to work outside of normal business hours when required to meet deadlines
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (CC) and Microsoft Office Suite in a Windows environment
- The ability to take initiative and work independently without direct supervision
- A demonstrated passion for branding, understanding how to translate guidelines into design solutions that reinforce and differentiate a brand identity
- Ability to provide creative input and suggest innovative ways to communicate marketing messages
IBI Group's Edmonton office is right downtown at 10830 Jasper Ave. It's surrounded by convenient LRT stations, bus stops, and paid parking lots. A stone's throw away is your choice of restaurants from fast food chains to gourmet sit-down meals. Throughout the year, the office hosts several social events (in office and out of office) to build and strengthen ties between our many employees.
IBI Group provides a competitive benefit package and pays association dues and licensing fees.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are proud to support the growth and equality of our people through initiatives like our Mentorship Program, Global Women's Network, and Diversity & Inclusion Council. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of age, race, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
As part of IBI Group's selection process, candidates may be requested to consent to background checks relevant to the role under consideration for, prior to receiving a job offer. These could include: work references, education and credential confirmation, employment verification, identity check, credit report, criminal offence and driver's license record.
We request applicants submit RESUME and Project lists. Please limit PDF files to 10MB