- Marketing and Communications
Toronto, ON, Canada Req #1030
Wednesday, January 27, 2021
Are you creative, dynamic and passionate? Do you like to think outside of the box and find new ways to achieve your goals? Corus Entertainment has an exciting opportunity for you. If you have a passion for excellence, and would like to work for Corus Entertainment, we encourage you to apply.
Production Intern, so.da
Work Status: Internship
Location: Toronto, Ontario
About the Role
Key Responsibilities of the role include :
- Assist Producers, Production Managers, Editors and Production Coordinators in daily production tasks
- Work in Adobe Creative Cloud (Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop and Illustrator) to edit and create/build graphics for static/video assets
- Use a variety of sources (ex. series footage, stock video/images, graphics) to create assets that are on brand and social-first. Research and assist with writing concept and video scripts.
- Opportunities to assist on set, when possible, following COVID production guidelines and protocols
- Have an understanding in social media trends, algorithm changes, best practices and specs for social and digital content
What We Need From You:
- MUST HAVE: Currently enrolled in a post-secondary school program that has an internship requirement
- Experience with Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Knowledge and understanding of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc.) and their best practices
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Solid multitasking and time management skills
- Well-versed in Microsoft Office applications (i.e. Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel) and Adobe Creative Cloud (especially Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Positive attitude, self-motivated and resourceful
- Passion for creating, editing and producing engaging and impactful video content
Corus is a driving force in the media industry with a diverse portfolio of strong brands that entertain and inform audiences through great storytelling and compelling content, reaching millions of people around the world every day.
We have a passionate drive to connect with the world around us: to express, to share, to be part of people's lives. Walk around our offices, our stations, our studios across the country and you'll feel it. You'll see it in action.
You'll see it in the open communication and the approachability of our people. You'll see it in our care for quality work and the interest in new, creative solutions. You'll see it in how we work with external partners, and how we care about our communities. These are all core to the values we commit to living each and every day
- Win Together, Think Beyond, Make It Happen, Learn Every Day, Show We Care. Our values describe what makes us pretty unique
- and amazing
- place to work.
At Corus we value and actively involve the full range of what makes people unique in order to create a strong and innovative company where amazing people thrive. A company where people have the full opportunity to show their unique value and develop their potential. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, people of colour, people with disabilities, people from all gender and sexually diverse communities and people with intersectional identities.
Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
How to Apply
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now'.
- No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
04-Advertising Creative, Design & Production
Job Start Date
Monday, February 15, 2021
Job End Date
Friday, April 9, 2021