Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients' lives by identifying, developing and commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical needs. We are continuing to expand our commercial product portfolio and our research and development pipeline in therapeutic areas that can leverage our unique expertise.
Our therapeutic areas of focus include sleep and hematology/oncology
- areas in which we have a deep understanding of the patient journey and a suite of products and product candidates to address critical needs.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team. If you're looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering commitment to improving patients' lives and being a great place to work, we hope you'll explore our career openings and get to know Jazz Pharmaceuticals. Position Profile:
The Sales Manager is responsible for the Jazz Pharmaceuticals Hematology/Oncology sales force across Canada and will lead, coach and inspire a team of Key Account Managers in directly promoting the Jazz Pharmaceuticals Hematology/Oncology products to physicians and other health care providers within Canada.
This position is ideally located within the proximity of the Jazz Pharmaceuticals Canadian office in Mississauga, Ontario.
- The Sales Manager will manage staff including:
- Recruit and select Key Account Managers with a proven track record of performance
- Coach, train and develop Key Account Managers to build a strong, progressive and motivated work team through virtual and face-to-face interactions
- Provide team leadership and ensure the team performs with integrity
- Provide verbal and written feedback on performance and development on a regular and timely basis, as observed through virtual and face-to-face interactions.
- Review employee performance regularly and deal with any performance issues on a timely basis
- Ensure the development of the sales team's capability in customer engagement using multi-channel approaches and platforms
- Formulate and direct the implementation of the Canadian business plan including communication and providing direction to staff.
- Lead the development, execution and review of the Territory Key Account Plans
- Perform all activities within budget, including overseeing the proper use of corporate resources and assets by the sales team
- Achieve sales targets and contribute to forecasting
- Ensure the sales team promotes the company's products for the approved indications using the most current company materials.
- Maintain knowledge on the Canadian market access landscape in relation to our promoted therapeutic areas
- Maintain strong relationships with key opinion leaders across Canada
- Establish and manage on-going procedures/processes for communication of information necessary for accomplishing Canadian Hem/Onc objectives
- Perform ad-hoc special projects to support specific business needs requested
- Know and ensure compliance with applicable corporate policies, procedures and guidelines
- Present a positive and professional image of Jazz Pharmaceuticals and ensure the sales team's activities are consistent with the organizations' values and industry code of conduct
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- At least five years of medical and/or pharmaceutical product sales experience
- Proficient IT skills in all business related packages such as MS Office
- Experience in the utilization of CRM tools
- Extensive travel required
- A valid Canadian driver's license
- Proficient in English
- At least two years pharmaceutical sales management experience; management of an Oncology sales team, or additional pharmaceutical development roles outside of sales
- Understanding of application of selling skills in a virtual environment
- Two to three years of sales experience in the area of oncology, including experience in lung cancer and/or leukemia.
- Bilingual (French and English)
Required/Preferred Education and Licenses
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Degree in Life Sciences or related discipline
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an Equal Opportunity Employer.