Who we are:
Founded in 2006, Fortified Nutrition Limited manufactures and sells high quality, leading edge vitamin and mineral premixes and supplements for swine, poultry, dairy, and beef producers and supports producers with a sales team across Alberta, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, and Montana. Fortified Nutrition is under the GVF Group of Companies umbrella and operates in close affiliation with Grand Valley Fortifiers who is a progressive and innovative leader in animal livestock nutrition.
We are looking to add a full-time Swine Nutrition Sales Representative to our growing team in Alberta. Ideally the right candidate will be located in the Central/South Region of the province, with a territory that expands across the province of Alberta and into Saskatchewan. In this role you will be responsible for pursuing new swine business and provide delivery, service and sales support to current and prospective customers across the colony and independent markets. The qualified candidate will be passionate about working with farmers, growing sales for the company and travelling down rural roads. If you are a driven, self-starter with an animal livestock background, and are interested in what we do, we'd love to hear from you.
What you'll do:
- Provide excellent sales and service support to colony and independent swine producers throughout your region.
- Actively prospect new business potential and acquire new swine business in the region.
- Positively build strong relationships with producers, providing them with the best customer service, assisting them in solving challenges and seizing opportunities for their operation resulting in the farm becoming more profitable.
- Create customer specific feeding programs utilizing branded FNL and GVF products which provide to meet the customers goals and objectives.
- Increase the number of sows fed (farrow to finish) in Alberta and Saskatchewan and increase sales of swine premixes and nursery feed.
- Ensure production and performance measures along with other farm goals and metrics are met.
- Resolve all sales, nutritional, or management issues quickly and effectively.
- Work collaboratively with producers to evaluate and improve key performance indicators on farm.
- Ensure all paperwork is completed efficiently and in a timely manner.
- Represent FNL with knowledgeable professionalism at all industry related events within and outside of the region.
Experience we like:
- 5+ years of relevant work experience servicing, supporting and selling to swine operations farrow to finish and/or agricultural producers
- Direct selling experience into Hutterite colonies in addition to independent producer markets
- Experience in sale of feed or nutritional additives, or related sales experience, is an asset
- Thorough knowledge of the swine and livestock industry at large
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Willingness to learn and ability to quickly understand nutritional and sales knowledge
- Solid organizational skills and good working knowledge of Microsoft Suite products
- A valid Canadian Driver's License is required
- Able to travel within Alberta and Saskatchewan 5 days a week
About the GVF Group of Companies:
Founded in 1960, the GVF Group of Companies continues to expand its products, services and geographic reach through Grand Valley Fortifiers, Fortified Nutrition Limited, Direct Source Commodities, Farmers Farmacy, Farmers Pharmacy Rx, True Foods & Kindred Farmers and Valley Feeds. The GVF group continues to produce high quality, cutting edge macro premixes and services across Canada, the U.S and internationally. Headquartered in Cambridge ON, we have an amazing team across the country with 160 employees in our offices, manufacturing plants, and on hundreds of family farms daily, meeting with customers or delivering product, everyone is a key and integral part of our team.
All interested applicants are asked to apply with a copy of their resume. We thank all applicants for their interest however, only candidates considered for the position will be contacted for an interview.