This role is essentially what an ad agency world might call a ?producer?, someone who is in charge of execution, not creation. The candidate is sharp and detail-oriented while being comfortable managing a marketing group closely integrated with an external ad agency specializing in our business market. The candidate likely will have little or no creative aspirations, yet recognizes and appreciates good thinking and the opportunity to play a key role in the success of the marketing and sales groups. They are focused on execution of campaigns, tasks and projects. Organizational skills and initiative are more important than creative ability. The candidate is responsible for working with our marketing agency to successfully drive an innovative and complete digital marketing strategy for an accounting/ERP business software management organization. This position reports to the company's CEO.
The ideal candidate is 3 to 4 years out of school, giving them a more up-to-date education in the latest digital marketing technologies and strategies.
- Marketing, Literature, Journalism, Sociology, Psychology (or similar) major
- Agency experience required, working in production, client services, or PR in both B2B and B2C (any industry) on small to mid-brands. National work is a plus.
- In-house experience required, working on content creation, not managing its creation, and execution of SEO and other digital marketing efforts. Has had budget responsibility.
- Web design, PPC campaigning and other SEO skills are desirable. Again, looking for management of these functions, not creation.
- Demonstrate ability to write for publication, having honed the skill in content creation in-house and working on PR at an agency. The style of their writing should be convincing and articulate writing, but not necessarily creative. A technical writing background is also valuable.
- Being able and willing to learn about and evangelize accounting/ERP applications sold by our organization into North American and international markets. The candidate does not need to have accounting/ERP product experience but should have the urge to be passionate about our product.
- Demonstrate an ability to manage details of multiple, concurrent projects. This has come from working at an entry level position at a larger in-house department, or a junior producer at an agency.
- This is currently a work from home location, which may or may not change in the future. Fellow marketing co-workers are located in Calgary, Alberta. Experienced candidates may work remotely if located elsewhere in Canada. Only Canadian candidates will be considered,
- Two part-time marketing personnel do report to this position.
- Compensation includes a competitive base salary and generous bonuses based on reaching performance targets for leads generated, etc.
- The candidate will be eligible for a staff benefit plan plus a health spending account.
- Base pay
- bonus based on:
- Lead generation target
- Asset production
- Campaign execution