This position has the responsibility for managing and attaining Direct and Indirect sales results through the coordinated efforts of the Sales teams in the Canadian market. Additionally, this position is responsible for the delivery of agreed upon sales targets in terms of overall Term gross Margin, Annual Gross Margin, Energy Volumes, and Managed Products in the business-to-business commercial and industrial business segment. Additionally, this leadership position will focus on the overall profitability of the Canadian Market.
- Sales leader responsible strategy and coordination of all sales activity in the Canadian market
- Develops and initiates sales strategies that comply with all operational and regulatory rules and meet company profit objectives
- Plans and manages the recruitment and review of personnel to maximize sales efficiency while maintaining adequate sales coverage thus ensuring long term profitable metrics are achieved
- Assists in closing profitable sales transactions that lead toward goal attainment
- Support the development of & champion creative ways to sell products/services that differentiate DE from competitors
- Collaborates and directly interacts with non-regional sales teams that contribute directly to Canadian sales, Strategic Channel Sales and National Accounts.
- Continually review and support controls and guidelines for the sales personnel to ensure effective transactions that benefit DE
- Manages sales and expense budgets to achieve company profit goals
- Assume operational responsibility by working closely with key personnel in partnering departments
- Pricing, Contracts, Credit, Finance, Legal, Sales, Wholesale
- Success development of Sales personnel
- training; developmental action plans; delegation of responsibility; accountability of sales targets, including strategy and targets.
- Provide timely & consistent communication to senior leadership with DE
Skills and Qualifications :
- Bachelor degree required
- Minimum of five years' experience in multiple aspects of deregulated energy sales
- Minimum of five years' experience within a direct and/or indirect sales team
- Minimum of five years leadership experience in the Canadian market
- Experience in developing, presenting and negotiating sales opportunities to all levels of management
- Highly motivated, independent, goal-oriented individual
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Computer skills
- MS Office, CRM
- Ability to effectively work with key departmental personnel
- Proven success delivering on sales targets
Direct Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please email via Isarta . We will make a determination of your request for a reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.