BlackSquare is the global direct-to-consumer (DTC) experience leader in the alcohol beverage space. We provide direct to consumer turnkey marketing, operations, logistics, and distribution technology-enabled managed services, as well as ecommerce software as a service (SaaS) and data analytics. We are a relentlessly resourceful group of people. Everyone in the company has the freedom to work independently, to solve problems and to get things done for our clients. It's that entrepreneurial attitude that underpins everything we do together.
You will be responsible for building yearly marketing plans including online e-commerce strategies and developing online advertising campaigns for BlackSquare's Independent Brands. You will provide thought leadership and define the company's internal marketing objectives tied to corporate objectives and will liaise with customer experience and product teams to ensure alignment and retrieve inputs to the overall plans. In your role you will also be required to conduct regular market research and bring leading practice thought to the organization. This is a hands-on role and will also require coordination with cross functional teams to ensure that your business unit's plans are appropriately prioritized by our product solutions teams.
Reporting to the VP Marketing, you will be responsible to:
- Leadership of Independent brands communications and overseeing content marketing execution including social media and email marketing;
- Conduct regular research on leading practice marketing and ecommerce trends and 1st party BlackSquare data;
- Liaise with digital marketing, customer service and other demand based roles to understand consumer demand trends;
- Manage and oversee the organization's yearly Independent Brand e-commerce plans and strategy and accountable to coordinate execution;
- Head the planning and execution of the marketing strategies to achieve company objectives;
- Interact with the senior management on the design and implementation of website marketing plans;
- Prepare and demonstrate presentations of various marketing strategies;
- Liaise with product teams to make necessary changes and adjustments based on current market changes and data;
- Allocate work to the product teams, digital marketing and Design/UX and ensure all key functions of supply chain, customer experience, warehouse are aligned on marketing execution plans, timelines;
- Coordinate and deliver presentations to provide management cohesive updates on marketing strategy progress and build necessary business cases as required to drive further investment to progress objectives.
What you bring:
- Minimum 7-10 years' experience in a similar role;
- Prior people leader experience preferred;
- Post secondary education required; Bachelor's degree in business or marketing preferred
- Proven track record of managing cross functional teams
- Expert knowledge about various marketing strategies
- Knowledge about online campaign management
- Expert analyzing and organizational skills
- Knowledge of CRM, SEO tactics, Google Analytics, and user experience software considered an asset;
- Demonstrates initiative and leadership with decision-making skills;
- Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills, both verbal and written;
- Experience with project management software like Monday.com preferred.
BlackSquare is committed to building an environment that values diversity, equality and inclusion. Our belief is that we are a place of belonging that recognizes and respects our diversity and provides platforms to learn from each other. We ensure equal opportunity for all applicants and encourage people of all visible minorities and racialized people, including Indigenous applicants, and those of any religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression to apply.
If you are interested please submit your resume and cover letter. Thank you!