Communications and Legislative Relations
Full time, long term position (1 year)
We are looking for a smart, strategic communication consultant who is energized by a fast-paced environment and a high bar of excellence. The successful candidate will be a self-starter and be motivated to deliver quality, strategic, customer-focused communications. The ideal candidate is able to forge relationships easily and work collaboratively with internal business clients to achieve measured outcomes.
We are looking for a communications professional to support the organization's strategic plan and communication strategy. As part of the communications team, you will manage your own portfolio of internal clients with responsibilities for:
- Providing strategic communications advice to assigned clients in the development, implementation and evaluation of comprehensive communications plans to help the organization meet its corporate objectives.
- Identifying and managing key issues, developing creative and thoughtful communications using a broad range of communications expertise in the areas of strategic communications planning, issues management, stakeholder relations, writing, project management, research and measurement.
- Managing all components of projects, including timelines, budgets, technical support required, approvals and workload.
- Playing a lead role in identifying opportunities to improve communication and collaboration with key stakeholders (internally and externally).
- Degree or diploma in communications, public relations, journalism or other related field combined with a minimum of 5 years of experience in a communications position.
- Strong consulting, coaching, influencing and negotiating skills to ensure successful client interactions.
- Superior interpersonal and customer service skills along with an ability to resolve problems creatively.
- Superior verbal and writing communication skills along with knowledge of CP style.
- Attention to detail and ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Strong understanding of communication planning and evaluation and significant experience with developing and implementing communication plans.
- A keen sense of reputation implications when communicating on behalf of an organization.
- Experience in creating social media strategies with a variety of platforms.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
WCB-Alberta offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefit package in a dynamic work environment that recognizes and rewards excellence. To obtain more information about our organization visit our website at www.wcb.ab.ca
Salary Range 11
Start Rate: $73,500 to
Job Rate: $86,436per annum
Final candidates for this position will be asked to undergo a security clearance.
Please submit a resume and a sample communication plan you have developed and implemented on-line at www.wcb.ab.ca/careers. External candidates will also be considered.