Looking for a place to grow your career? A place where you can support industry recognized professionals who are solving tough environmental problems? Geosyntec is the place for you! We have an opportunity available for a full-time Graphic Designer in our Waterloo, ON office. This position produces high quality graphics and videos to support marketing, business development, technical projects, and corporate initiatives. The selected candidate must possess a strong sense of concept development and execution, idea generation, ability to work on deadlines independently, and strong problem-solving skills.
Our clients ask us to address their new ventures and most challenging problems involving the environment, natural resources, and civil infrastructure. Ranked by ENR in the top 20 design firms for the environment, Geosyntec is internationally known for its technical leadership, broad experience, and exceptional client service. Learn more by visiting www.geosyntec.com
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Execute design concepts and apply the corporate brand elements for the Geosyntec Family of Companies efficiently to maintain overall consistency.
- Create, modify, size, edit, and color-correct high quality graphics, images, and videos.
- Prepare files for print, along with delivery and proofing in the absence of the Senior Designer or Corporate Graphic Design Manager.
- Assist with art/production/design projects as required.
- Sourcing and procurement of required photos/images.
- Format MS Power Point presentations as necessary.
- Produce technical graphics for reports.
- Assist in the development and application of templates to format documents.
- Effectively implement design templates for graphic applications such as collateral material, videos, trade show graphics, brochures, print and digital ads, announcements, invitations, fliers, etc.
- Edit existing video footage to create story-telling corporate marketing videos for online distribution, including, but not limited to:
- adding title sequences, callouts, and music to video;
- combining still images and b-roll video to create variety; and
- assembling logical sequences and producing smooth-running videos.
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
- College diploma from a recognized design institution. (required)
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- At least 5 years of related experience. (required)
- Proficiency with Macintosh platform, with knowledge of a PC platform and full working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, including Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, and Acrobat. (required)
- Experience with Adobe Dreamweaver and Adobe Premiere Pro. (strongly preferred)
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook. (required)
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret marketing, technical, and other business documents. (preferred)
- Ability to quality-check materials that are organized and clearly presented. (preferred)
- Ability to understand design methods and trends with the goal of creating and editing visual content to develop and implement brand building initiatives. (preferred)
- Valid Canadian driver's license and a satisfactory driving record for local business errands. (required)
Geosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. We look for exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities, plus the passion for excellence and quality.
Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding projects, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/
Geosyntec offers excellent compensation packages commensurate with experience, along with a comprehensive employee benefits package.