Reports to: Director, Marketing & Communications
Location: Markham, Ontario
The Canadian Liver Foundation is seeking a Manager, Marketing & Communications. This is a full-time permanent position reporting to the Director, Marketing & Communications, initially working virtually from home (during COVID-19) and later transitioning to the National office in Markham, Ontario.
To fulfil the role, this strong, dynamic, and entrepreneurial individual will need to be a strong member of the marketing & communications team.
Core Roles & Responsibilities
Marketing and Communications
- Assist with the development of all aspects of advertising for marketing and media materials such as PSAs, digital ads and print material as required.
- Support the development of print and electronic communications and marketing materials, including the CLF Annual Report.
- Support production of communications and marketing materials, including external and internal pieces.
- Coordinate with regional teams for promotion of their events, projects, and programs.
- Write compelling pieces for community engagement, fundraising, and awareness.
- Manage translation into French of all documents intended for online distribution and other documents, as needed.
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with CLF community, including patients, caregivers, doctors, volunteers (for the purpose of understanding audience needs and preferences, sourcing stories, etc.).
- Measure and report on marketing & communications program efforts including content marketing, earned media efforts, and more as needed.
- Bring an inclusive lens to our marketing & communications materials, ensuring to be conscious of inclusive language, perspectives and voices.
- Support direct marketing efforts including direct mail, tele-fundraising, and online fundraising, writing branded material as needed.
- Work alongside fund development to support the direct mail program as needed.
Digital & Social Media
- Create original content for blog posts, coordinate and secure contribution of guest blog posts.
- Assist with the development of all aspects of advertising for marketing and media materials such as paid and organic digital content, and more as needed.
- Create, coordinate translation and schedule content for national social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter).
- Support execution of digital campaign materials during key periods (Liver Health Month, STROLL for Liver, Giving Tuesday and Year-End Giving, etc.).
- Support email marketing program, working with the Manager, Database & Analytics to manage audience segmentation, marketing automations and email campaigns.
- Create and deploy emails in support of email marketing strategy using Luminate Online.
- Keep abreast of the latest tools, trends and platforms in the digital marketing space to maintain the digital program's reach and effectiveness.
- Monitor industry news and mentions using Meltwater, providing internal summaries of media monitoring efforts.
- Write backgrounders, news releases and pitches on a variety of liver health and liver disease subjects, for key campaigns and national events.
- Source spokespeople for media interviews, coordinate media appearances and participate in media activity, as appropriate.
- Secure proactive earned media placements to position the CLF as an industry thought leader, for key campaign periods and for fundraising events.
- Track and respond to liver-related issues in the media.
- Field incoming media enquiries and work with the Director of Marketing and Communications to manage accordingly.
- Track and communicate metrics using reporting tools such as Meltwater and MRP.
- Build and maintain media contact lists and develop strong relationships with media contacts.
- Create marketing & communications materials for the STROLL for Liver including communications toolkits, key messages, community stories, and more as needed.
- Execute earned media strategies for national events including the STROLL for Liver.
- Work in partnership with Fund Development to create messaging and materials for sponsorship package for the STROLL for Liver.
- Work in partnership with Fund Development to support the creation of proposals and materials for sponsorship and corporate partnerships.
- Provide departmental invoices to the Director, Marketing & Communications as needed.
- Support liaison between the CLF and third-party vendors.
- Manage the Webmaster email inbox.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Experience, Skills, and Qualifications
- Post-secondary education in public relations, marketing, communications, digital marketing or relevant field.
- 4 years of experience in a digital communications role with social media and digital responsibilities.
- Solid understanding of integrated marketing and campaigns, media relations and communications.
- Superior writing skills, accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Superior verbal communication skills.
- Ability to apply creativity to a wide variety of challenges.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with ability to build strong internal and external relationships.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Technical savvy, comfortable working with web and social applications and proficiency in Microsoft Office, social media management tools, Canva, MRP, Meltwater.
- Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite an asset.
- Highly organized and able to manage priorities in a high demand environment
- Willing to travel if required.
- Valid driver's license and access to a vehicle.
- Flexible to work occasional evenings and weekends if required.
- Fluency in English and French (written and verbal) is an asset.
Interested in applying? Submit your resume and cover letter in one PDF file.