Putting people first, every day:
BDO is a firm built on a foundation of positive relationships with our people and our clients. Each day, we rely on our professionals to provide exceptional service, and help our clients by providing advice and insight they can trust. In turn, we offer an environment that fosters a people-first culture with a high priority on your personal and professional growth.Your opportunity:
BDO Canada is looking for an experienced Bids & Proposals Writer to join our Consulting team on an initial 12-month contract basis, with the potential to transition into a full-time permanent role either during or after the initial 12-month term. The individual can work remotely from anywhere in Canada and will own the following responsibilities:
- Coordinate proposal production working collaboratively with other team members located in Ottawa and across the country
- Create proposal response templates and format proposal responses using proposal automation software (and Word) in accordance with established style and content requirements
- Assisting with strategic operational activities; e.g., participating in Go/No-Go discussions to determine if an opportunity warrants pursuit, and pro-actively integrating strategic objectives into your work
- Coordinating and producing proposal responses to RFx (RFP, RFQ, RFT etc.) opportunities
- this includes facilitating proposal kick-off meetings, managing proposal deadlines, writing and coordinating content, complying with our quality management processes, and owning the final product
- Gather proposal content by identifying sources of information
- Proposal printing, assembling, mailing / shipping
- Follow a meticulous work plan to ensure timely delivery of proposals
- Following proposal-writing standards and maintaining proposal support databases
- Obtain approvals by reviewing proposals with key providers and project managers
- Prepare presentations by evaluating text, graphics, and binding; printing
- Meet proposal deadline by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, meetings, approvals, etc.
How do we define success for your role?
- You demonstrate BDO's core values through all aspect of your work: Integrity, Respect and Collaboration
- You understand your client's industry, challenges, and opportunities; client describe you as positive, professional, and delivering high quality work
- You identify, recommend, and are focused on effective service delivery to your clients
- You share in an inclusive and engaging work environment that develops, retains & attracts talent
- You actively participate in the adoption of digital tools and strategies to drive an innovative workplace
- You grow your expertise through learning and professional development.
Your experience and education
- Minimum of 3 years proven and progressive experience or equivalent including strong knowledge of the RFP process
- Bachelor degree in Marketing, Business, English, Arts, Communications or a related field or equivalent experience
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- interacts successfully with all levels of staff
- partners, managers, and clients with a positive, enthusiastic attitude
- Well-developed writing skills, particularly with drafting business proposals and marketing materials
- French language ability preferred
- Graphic design skills and experience seen as an asset
- Ability to work some evening and weekend hours as required to meet proposal deadlines
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing situations and conditions while under tight timelines
- Self-starter that can work independently with minimal oversight along with a proactive service attitude and willingness to take a "hands on and can do" approach
- Strong proficiency with common productivity software including PowerPoint, Excel and Word and other proposal based tools
Our firm is committed to providing an environment where you can be successful in the following ways:
- We enable you to engage with the firm's strategic plan, and be a key contributor to the success and growth of the firm.
- We help you be the best professional you can be in our services, industries and markets.
- Achieve your personal goals outside of the office and make an impact on your community.
Giving back, it adds up: Where company meets community. BDO is actively involved in our communities by supporting local charity initiatives. We support staff with local and national events where you will be given the opportunity to contribute to your community.
Total rewards that matter: We pay for performance with competitive total cash compensation that recognizes and rewards your contribution. We provide flexible benefits from day one, and a market leading personal time off policy. We are committed to supporting your overall wellness beyond working hours, and provide reimbursement for wellness initiatives that fit your lifestyle.
Everyone counts: We believe every employee should have the opportunity to participate and succeed. Through leadership by our Chief Inclusion and Diversity Officer, we are committed to a workplace culture of respect, inclusion, and diversity. We recognize and celebrate the valuable differences among each of us, including race, religious beliefs, physical or mental disabilities, age, place of origin, marital status, family status, gender or gender identity and sexual orientation. If you require accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us.
Ready to make your mark at BDO? Click ?Apply now? to send your up-to-date resume to one of our Talent Acquisition Specialists.
To explore other opportunities at BDO, check out our careers page.