Our mission is to connect the world's photographers. Every month, millions of people from around the world use our website and mobile apps to find, share, and get rewarded for the world's most inspiring photography.
500px, the world's premier photography community, is looking for a Contributor Manager who wants to distinguish themselves amongst some of the best global photographers. They will be responsible for attracting, retaining, and developing our 500px Community into fully equipped and highly skilled commercial photographers, contributing to the most creative stock collection within the industry.
We want you to create some buzz around creative stock by strategizing and implementing exciting and innovative growth, engagement, and acquisition techniques. The ideal candidate is not afraid to try out something new, pivot and shift course, or step in front of a camera. The Community Manager, Content, should be charismatic, outgoing, and full of spunk!
What you'll be doing:
- Interacting with 500px photographers by educating them and encouraging them to contribute to 500px Licensing, ultimately contributing to and growing the 500px Creative Stock Collection.
- Identifying, onboarding, and scaling creative photographers who have tremendous potential within commercial photography.
- Creating and implementing creative and engaging strategies to help motivate and grow our Licensing community.
- Help identify and scale photographers from specific regions around the world.
- Collaborate with other photography or creative communities to help grow awareness for 500px Licensing.
- Open to speaking on panels to help share 500px Licensing with broader communities.
- Contribute to the maintenance and development of the 500px Licensing product.
- Maintaining and creating new and exciting engagement strategies on the 500px Licensing social channels and groups.
- Comfortable with hosting webinars in front of a global Licensing community.
- Working across various teams to help move projects forward.
- Drafting, reviewing and coordinating communications that relate to marketing initiatives, policy statements, contract issues, contributor news.
- Working on global campaigns that help redefine the 500px Commercial Collection and what advertising looks like in 2021.
What the ideal candidate will have:
- A passion for photography and advertising
- A minimum 3-5 years working in technology or digital media environments
- Bachelor's degree required in Digital Media, Communications or related field
- Experience working within photography or photography related fields
- Insider knowledge of current technology and digital media trends
- A collaborative spirit, great work ethic, and amazing time management
- A self-starter attitude who can manage multiple projects and creative ideas on tight deadlines
- The ability to analyze key metrics and data points and incorporate them into successful paths forward
- Experience managing online communities and social media
- Experience and interest in emerging social media trends and engagement techniques
- High level of written and verbal communication skills & strong interpersonal skills (required)
Bonus points for:
- Experience with the photography industry
- A love of photography
- Being a member of the 500px community
- Competitive salaries
- Flexible hours
- Great health and dental benefits, paid parental leave
- Professional development opportunities
Our Interview Process
- Phone screen: < 30 min conversation with a hiring manager
- Case study: we'll ask you to complete a challenge, and then share it with us to review
- Team interviews: 2-3 hours on Zoom where you'll e-meet multiple members of our team
We believe diverse teams perform better, and we seek to increase our overall team diversity. We make active efforts to reduce the impact of unconscious bias in our hiring process.
500px welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.