The Content Marketing Specialist is responsible for bringing tentree's medium to long-form content to life across platforms with major emphasis on our blog. We are looking to hire a detail-obsessed, dynamic and forward-thinking individual to join our Marketing team. You are inspired and excited by discussion around sustainability and environmentalism...and you want to educate our community on how to do better. This role, reporting to the Manager of Brand Strategy, ensures our content efforts are executed on time, on brand and contribute to the goals of the company. Skills in time management, relationship-building and communication are critical to success.
What will you be doing?
- You will create engaging and innovative content that contributes to a cohesive brand image across a variety of platforms (e.g. blogs, podcasts, video content, DIY's, how-to's, etc.).
- You will write, review, edit, and update content for the blog, website, newsletters, emails and more.
- You will source information for medium and long-form content from internal resources, first party interviews, and desktop research.
- You will manage a content calendar that aligns with key brand goals and initiatives.
- You will liaise with our Creative and Content teams, including photographers and videographers, to bring written media to life in a cohesive and visually compelling way.
- You will keep up to date on content and add-value trends among both competitors and innovators outside of our industry.
- You will analyze the results and key metrics of add-value content and providing strategic recommendations to continuously optimize our approach.
- You will conduct relevant and engaging interviews with multiple internal and external stakeholders for use across branded channels.
- You will support in developing tentree's content strategy.
- You will brainstorm and ideate new topics, stories, angles and articles that resonate with our target and aspirational consumers.
- You will liaise with people in our extended community to bring unique stories and content to life across our varied channels.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, journalism, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of copywriting and content creation experience across multiple formats and platforms
- 2+ years of relevant experience in marketing, communications, public relations or journalism
- Proficiency in WordPress, or other content management software
- Superior teamwork and communication skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Strong writing, copy editing and proofreading skills
- Working knowledge of SEO an asset
- You are passionate about the environment and have a desire to make a truly incredible impact
- Extended Healthcare Plan (Medical, Disability, Dental & Vision)
- Group Life
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Paid Time Off Benefits
- Work From Home
- Flexible hours
- Training & Development
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
tentree is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business needs.