Under the direction of the Business Development Director, the Communications Coordinator will assist management by building, and maintaining relationships with businesses and local media in Ontario and Quebec, perform successful communications campaigns, and manage the corporate brand and social media channels.
This is a full-time permanent position based in Toronto, starting January 2021. The ideal candidate will be working from home remotely until the Toronto offices reopen.
- Build and maintain relationships with business and local media, answer media inquiries, produce media statements, news releases, develop media plans and create media opportunities to promote the company
- Maintain deep knowledge of Quebec and Canadian mining and business sectors, and key stakeholders who operate within it including media and community groups;
- Manage the corporate brand, including its tone and creative representation while advancing its reputation through multiple and overlapping communications channels;
- Create and maintain Content Calendars, including writing social media posts across various platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.
- Assist with creation of images to support social content
- Post relevant content in accordance with Content Calendar
- Review user generated comments & posts in a quick & timely manner
- Respond to comments, when appropriate to foster a positive community & add value to the user’s experience
- Perform successful communications campaigns, including media relations, digital strategy, events, and social and web content development;
- Perform online writing, content management platforms, and content marketing tools, strategic use of a variety of channels (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube) and analytical skills;
- Maintain and update company website through the backend as well as bring new ideas to improve content and procedures.
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in the field of corporate communications, marketing, digital, media, or public relations;
- Post-secondary education in communications, public relations, or a relevant field;
- Experience and/or Understanding of and keen interest in the mining industry;
- Software mastery of WordPress, MailChimp and intermediate proficiency on website development;
- Strong demonstrable computer skills, with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Adobe Creative Suite for graphics experience is considered an asset;
- Proficiency in infographic design (to edit photos, videos, etc.) is considered an asset.
- Language: Fluent in English and French (Company operations are mostly in Quebec)
- Experience in media relations, community outreach and other public relations areas;
- Elite grasp of written English and French vocabulary, grammar and tone as it pertains to the reader's impression of your writing;
- Advanced knowledge of social media (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube);
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, with the demonstrable ability to distill complex information for communication to a range of audiences;
- Ability to work on multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and produce quality deliverables on time;
- Strong project management skills, able to set and manage multiple priorities.
This position is posted until December 15, 2020. Please note that interviews with those who meet the desired profile will be conducted on a rolling basis and that the position may be filled before the end of the posting period. We invite you to apply and join our team!