JOB DESCRIPTION :
Social Media Specialist
Marketing & Communications/Corporate Services
Contract Full-Time; 13 Months
Reporting into the Social Media Supervisor, in this role you will be responsible for providing social media consultation and advice across the organization. You will add value to clients through ideation, creating social content and content strategy to promote Regional programs and services for a variety of audiences.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Develop content strategy for strategic communications and digital marketing teams, guiding internal partners on social content tactics based on best practices.
- Ensures optimized presentation on social content across platforms, delivering results for client campaigns.
- Creates campaign-specific editorial calendars and social media research and plans across client groups.
- Advise and create content that represents the Region of Peel, its brand and its values. Work in partnership with internal and external stakeholders to develop social campaigns across all lines of business.
- Work closely with client groups to develop campaigns and drumbeat content that maps back to data-informed personas and key resident demographics.
- Manage intake of social media and content creation requests. Support video partners with content development, from storyboarding and shot lists with platform-specific tactics. Ensure messages are aligned with Peel Region's Vision, Mission, Values and Term of Council priorities.
- Lead the planning and execution of the strategic (tone, voice) and operational roadmap for social media engagement/communication.
- Ensure communications are accessible, including meeting the Region's Accessibility Standards.
- Draft, review and update social media guidelines to ensure consistence across all social platforms.
- Monitor and address inappropriate use of procedures and escalations for resolution.
- Seek legal, regulatory compliance, risk management advice and direction as needed.
- University degree or college diploma in related discipline with at least 5 years' work experience managing social media for brands, non-profits or in an agency setting; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience delivering creative, effective and resonant content across digital platforms. Video production and editing experience is an asset.
- Understanding of key concepts such as consumer behavior, audience analysis and segmentation and positioning.
- Experience with A/B and multivariate experiments, paid social amplification and proven success producing organic social content.
- Highly creative with experience identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform and motivate.
- Excellent knowledge of social media-related analytics, measurement and publishing software systems including Salesforce Social Studio, Hootsuite or Meltwater.
- Displays organizational capabilities to track progress, execution and consistency of social campaigns
- Excellent knowledge of Photoshop, Premiere, After Effects, InDesign and other Adobe products.
- Excellent analytical skills and data-driven thinking
- Strong understanding of demographics, psychographics and has experience created effective targeted social campaigns based on persona insights.
- Strong knowledge of AODA requirements
- Excellent writing, editing, proofreading and verbal skills
- Public Sector experience considered an asset.
- Coaching and mentoring skills.
- Flexibility to work after regular business hours (evenings, weekends, holidays) to support management of channels and during times of crisis and emergencies.
Location: Due to Covid-19, some of our offices are working at limited capacity to protect the health and safety of our employees, clients and community. As such, this position will be required to work remotely for an undetermined period. Once working onsite, you will report to 10 Peel Centre Drive, Brampton.
We are committed to supporting community recovery from COVID-19. This plan will follow a phased approach that is guided by Public Health and Ontario's Framework for reopening. Get details
Hours: 8:30am-4:30pm; Monday-Friday
Interview: Our recruitment process will be completed with video conference technology.
If this opportunity matches your skills and qualifications, please apply online. About Us :
The Region of Peel serves more than 1.4 million residents and approximately 173,000 businesses in Brampton, Caledon and Mississauga. We deliver a wide range of resident focused services across the Region.
Our 20-year vision for Peel is ?Community for Life.? Our goal is to create a place where everyone enjoys a sense of belonging and has access to the services and opportunities needed to thrive in each stage of their lives. Our 2015-2035 Strategic Plan outlines the work we're focused on to bring this vision to life.
To learn more about the Region of Peel, explore peelregion.ca.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION :
At the Region of Peel, we respect diversity and treat one another in ways that are fair, courteous and compassionate, recognizing everyone's contributions. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that is reflective of the diverse population we serve. The Region of Peel is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Please be advised, the Region of Peel uses email to communicate with their applicants for open job competitions. It is the applicant's responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence via email (i.e. testing bookings, interview dates), it is imperative that applicants check their email regularly. If we do not hear back from applicants, we will assume that you are no longer interested in the position and your application will be removed from the competition.