WHAT YOU DO AT AMD CHANGES EVERYTHING
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies
- building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the ?extra mile? to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
- Datacenter Graphics Computing Validation
We are seeking a dynamic and energetic Project Manager to join the Datacenter Graphics and Accelerated Computing (DC) Validation Team. The DC Validation Team is responsible for delivering AMD's industry-leading technologies to Cloud Gaming, Machine Learning, and Accelerated Computing applications.
The Validation Project Manager will be responsible for the timely delivery of quality products from project inception to customer implementation and will work with design, software, and product teams. This is not a customer-facing role.
A self-starter with the determination to facilitate the decision-making process with technical stakeholders. The candidate will need to devise strategies for challenging problems around system-level testing and keep work groups aligned to meet deliverables.
- Ownership of Data Center System and SOC Validation processes including: execution progress management, feature and test development, tool development
- Lead cross-functional teams on validation strategy with technical leads, program leads, and senior management
- Facilitate technical summits for complex system challenges (information gathering, project scope, and presentation)
- Set/Manage/Schedule resource priority to maximize validation coverage (silicon, board, platform)
- Initiate project planning and documentation to anticipate high level goals, deliverables, and resources required
- Monitoring, tracking, and reporting of progress throughout the validation lifecycle
- At project close, complete any documentation required and evaluate successes and lessons learned for future projects
- Minimum 5 years' project management experience in SoC or Data Center industry
- Proven experience managing complex technical programs
- Highly organized, able to prioritize, and juggle multiple work streams to deliver on schedule and on budget
- Team player with proven leadership skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills along with attention to details
- Strong knowledge of Jira and Confluence
- Strong knowledge of project tracking tools
- Strong knowledge of reporting tools (Power BI/Tableau)
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, SharePoint, Teams, and related technologies
- Strong knowledge of scrum, Kanban, and other project methodologies
- Ability to network, build relationships, and drive effective decision-making across multiple functions and levels within the organization
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in a relevant engineering field (Electrical, Computer) OR Management
- PMP / MBA an asset
Markham, Ontario, Canada or remote
Requisition Number: 81642
Country: Canada State: Ontario City: Markham
Job Function:General Management
AMD is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants' needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Any applicant who requires accommodation should contact
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services.