Position Title:Head of Marketing Rare and Rare Blood
Site/Department: Mississauga/Rare Diseases
ABOUT GENZYME, A SANOFI COMPANY
Sanofi Genzyme has pioneered the development and delivery of transformative therapies for patients affected by rare and debilitating diseases for over 30 years. We accomplish our goals through world-class research and with the compassion and commitment of our employees. With a focus on rare diseases and multiple sclerosis, we are dedicated to making a positive impact on the lives of the patients and families we serve. That goal guides and inspires us every day. Sanofi Genzyme's portfolio of transformative therapies, which are marketed in countries around the world, represents groundbreaking and life-saving advances in medicine. As a Sanofi company, Sanofi Genzyme benefits from the reach and resources of one of the world's largest pharmaceutical companies, with a shared commitment to improving the lives of patients. Learn more at www.sanofigenzyme.com.
Sanofi is dedicated to supporting people through their health challenges. We are a global biopharmaceutical company focused on human health. We prevent illness with vaccines, provide innovative treatments to fight pain and ease suffering. We stand by the few who suffer from rare diseases and the millions with long-term chronic conditions. With more than 100,000 people in 100 countries, Sanofi is transforming scientific innovation into healthcare solutions around the globe.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES :
- Challenge the status quo and move Sanofi Rare Diseases deeper into innovative franchise solutions.
- Provide vision and insight into further building and refining the Genzyme Rare Disease Brand.
- Provide clear articulation of Franchise strategies and plans.
- Lead the strategic development of the Rare portfolio, including life cycle management.
- Drive the assessment of strategic questions that should be addressed.
- Ensure Brand alignment across the Rare and Rare Blood portfolio.
- Foster communication and collaboration across the franchise marketers, sales managers and medical teams.
- Proactively recommend in conjunction with sales force and other key stakeholders resources required and asset prioritization.
- Identify, leverage opportunities across the portfolio.
- Ensure Senior brand managers are accountable for accuracy in completion of business plans.
- Actively participate in the implementation of major organizational and culture change initiatives.
- Liaise with Sanofi-Genzyme world to ensure that Canadian realities are understood and reflected in the development of Global Rare initiatives.
- Clear accountability on marketing operational expense budgets.
- Live and model Sanofi-Genzyme key values.
Planning and Financial:
- Provide input into the design and development of the LRP process for Rare Diseases and Rare Blood.
- Ensure that all key messages within planning process are clearly articulated and prioritized.
- Final review of global templates (LRP, brand plans, etc.).
- Lead successful development of integrated and aligned brand plans across brand teams (oversees the brand planning processes.
- Sponsor the process, define expectations, objectives, timelines.
- Agree to key issues, strategic imperatives, final approval on final resource determination, ensure that the appropriate rigour is applied to investment decisions.
- Review outputs of critical meetings or provide input at meetings where discussing sub-plans.
- Proactive identification of future market directions, with passion for innovation.
- Lead the successful implementation of strategic plans and oversee the successful implementation of brand teams' strategic and operational plans.
- In conjunction with market research, lead market research activities, work on projects that have longer term, strategic implications.
- Lead the establishment and utilization of advanced/innovative marketing techniques and methodologies within the brand teams.
Monitoring and Control:
- Lead the team
- resolve issues, remove barriers and hurdles to achieving objectives.
- Strategic team support to ensure good Governance and support for internal SOP's.
- Determine and review brand metrics
- identify potential issues and coach team to ensure they are addressed, and followed-up on.
- Proactively identify and review the shortfalls of spending, communicate potential variances with functional directors and request actions.
- Ensure a cross-functional interaction:
- Strategic discussion with colleagues; Share best practices.
- Ensure resources are fully qualified to execute and that discussions have been held with department heads accordingly.
- Help to ensure alignment across brand teams, share best practices and maximize synergies.
- Liaise with Sanofi-Genzyme global to ensure that Canadian realities are understood and reflected in the development of global initiatives and ensure that Canadian plan is in sync with the global plan.
- Demonstrate appropriate knowledge and understanding of internal departments, key contacts, organizational structure and culture.
People Development and Talent Management:
- Recruit, lead, coach and develop high performance teams to optimize the Marketing Team's performance and Company results.
- Enhance performance of marketing team members through establishment of a performance dialogue with evaluation of direct reports and input into evaluation of indirect reports, including regular coaching and feedback; formal identification and satisfaction of training needs, personal development planning, talent management, and succession planning.
- Provide strategic direction to Brand Teams.
- Address identified needs or issues through people development plans.
- Coach/manage staff within the context of Sanofi-Genzyme vision, mission and values.
- Lead Marketing Talent/Development Management Process.
- Identify additional resources required.
- Develop and execute annual individual development plans to enhance performance on the job, and one which identifies knowledge and skills gaps based on business and career goals.
- Achieve individual development plan.
- 10 years or more of pharmaceutical industry commercial experience in Marketing, Sales, or other related areas with a track record of consistently delivering results and achieving business objectives
- Five years or more in marketing management with extensive knowledge of marketing procedures and strategic planning within the pharmaceutical industry
- Five or more years of therapeutic area experience gained in a product team environment specialty markets experience is required; biologics experience is a strong asset.
- An undergraduate degree in Science, Health Sciences or Business is required. A relevant advanced degree is a positive.
- Bilingualism is preferred, fluency in English required.
Critical Competencies for Success:
- Passionate to see people grow and develop
- Strategic commercial visionary, identifies market disruptions proactively, adapts and overcomes
- Analytical/innovation skills demonstrated by an ability to bring new ways of doing things to the table
- Demonstrating flexibility and adaptability to view marketing from a broad, strategic perspective while, at the same time, possessing a willingness to roll up his/her sleeves, including managing details
- Proactively building favorable and effective relationships internally, at all levels and across all functions, and externally by conducting himself/herself with unquestioned integrity and ethics
- Communicating/collaborating in business terms and being able to convey complex concepts crisply and compellingly, taking into account his/her audience and their specific needs
- Being a strong change agent capable of managing teams through change and/or within ambiguous environment
- 30% of time
- Managers at Head Office and Distribution Center: Show support for the protection of health, safety and the environment by presenting exemplary behavior and by contributing to the HSE objectives achievement.
Sanofi is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodations for persons with disabilities required during the recruitment process are available upon request.
Thank you in advance for your interest.
Sanofi, Empowering Life
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.