POSTING JOB DESCRIPTION :
CFIB takes its direction from more than 110,000 independent small business members across every sector nationwide. We give independent business a strong and influential voice at all levels of government, and support them with the tools, advice and resources they need, in addition to exclusive savings and services. We are looking for you to help us deliver on our mission!
We have an exciting opportunity for a talented and creative Freelance Bilingual Graphic Designer on a contract basis (an average of 5-10 hours per week). Reporting to the Senior Designer and Coordinator, you will be contributing typography and layout design primarily for print. This is a remote position.
- Provide support to the Design team by overseeing the life cycle of print and e-collateral (sales sheets, brochures, reports, handouts)
- Prepare layouts and graphic elements creatively in adherence with established brand guidelines standards and templates
- Execute extensive rounds of copy changes to primarily InDesign files from Word and/or PDF markups, with great accuracy and efficiency
- Proofs own work to ensure accuracy of copy, content, color designations, etc. before handing off for approvals
- Maintain excellent organization of job folders, files and assets
- Degree/Diploma in graphic design, related field, or equivalent work experience
- 1-2 years of print production experience
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and Acrobat)
- Experience with heavy text InDesign files; working efficiently with style sheets and master pages
- Understand image resolution issues as it pertains to offset printing and screen; and know the difference between CMYK, RGB and spot colours
- Highly organized and excellent attention to details
- Demonstrate ability to handle rapidly changing priorities and tight deadlines
- Multitasker with strong communication skills
- Deadline conscious and ensures timelines are met
- Highly detail-oriented with the ability to catch small mistakes
- Fully bilingual with capacity to write in both English and French
BUSINESS EQUIPMENT AND APPLICATIONS REQUIRED
- Up to date Adobe CC software
- Proficiency with MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel
Please attach a PDF file or link to your portfolio in your application.