SCENE®, the entertainment rewards program launched by Scotiabank and Cineplex Entertainment in 2007, is free to join. With more than ten million members across Canada, SCENE enables members to earn and redeem points for movies, concessions, digital movies, restaurants, tickets, and events. Members can accelerate their earning power with the SCENE® ScotiaCard®*debit card and SCENE® VISA* card. For more information about the SCENE program, visit www.scene.ca.
SCENE is looking for a Vice-President, Marketing. This position will report to the Managing Director, SCENE and is based out of the SCENE office, located at 100 Yonge Street, Suite 1601, Toronto, ON M5E 1J3.
The Vice-President, Marketing will be responsible for the development and execution of marketing, communication, and brand strategies to support business growth and enhance corporate brand equity and awareness. As a key member of the SCENE Leadership team, this position provides leadership on all aspects of marketing including strategic planning, brand management, CRM, promotions, media planning, key partner management/involvement, and the overall go-to-market strategy. The successful candidate will have the right combination of proven success in CRM, digital, social, and content marketing as well as seasoned brand management experience.
- Evolve and articulate the corporate brand strategy and the continued development and growth of SCENE to become the most relevant, innovative, and loved loyalty program in Canada
- Be the national brand champion for SCENE, ensuring ongoing health of the brand and brand consistency across all forms of communication
- Using intelligence generated from the Analytics team, industry leading member data and marketing technology, propel consumer demand through development of creative and highly effective marketing strategies, customer journeys and experiences anchored by a deep understanding of the consumer segments and competitive market dynamics.
- Develop and manage a significant budget, internal team, and network of suppliers to execute SCENE's strategy
- Oversee relationship with external agency partners including advertising and media planning
- Provide leadership, coaching, and mentoring to team members to develop their competencies and position them for success
- Work with leaders across the SCENE ecosystem to develop cross-functional strategies that fully leverage value and engage members across all program touchpoints
- Develop a comprehensive communication channel strategy designed to deliver relevant messages through channels of choice including online, mobile, and social
- Closely monitor plan performance against strategic goals
- Monitor competitive activity within other loyalty programs
- Develop analytical frameworks to measure, monitor, and evaluate brand growth and development metrics, scorecards, etc.
- Stay current on evolving and disruptive consumer, industry, digital and social media trends to ensure that marketing strategies remain relevant, best-in-class and impactful
12-MONTH MEASURES OF SUCCESS:
- Building member engagement with SCENE and SCENE's owners and partners
- Digital first, data-driven transformation of SCENE's marketing across all communication channels
- Ongoing definition of marketing technology priorities and digital channel integration
- Develop and grow the capabilities of an industry leading marketing team
- University degree strongly preferred (science or business related, MBA an asset)
- 10+ years of demonstrated experience in marketing leadership on either the client or agency side, working within a collaborative, multidisciplinary team environment. Experience within a global company and/or top consumer brand is an asset
- Marketing expertise across diverse consumer channels (paid, owned, earned)
- Experience in 1:1 consumer marketing using leading marketing platforms such as Salesforce, Adobe Experience Manager, or others
- Expertise in (and direct responsibility for) social media initiatives and other forms of digital/online/mobile marketing.
- Experience managing integrated multi-channel campaigns
- Demonstrated knowledge of strategic planning and marketing program development and implementation.
- Deep understanding of database segmentation and loyalty.
- Strong collaborator, diplomat and team player who can be hands on when required.
- Expert negotiating skills.
- Experienced in leading teams of professionals with excellent leadership, communication, and team building skills.
- Experience within the entertainment, retail or packaged goods sector at a leadership level Extensive planning experience and budgeting skills and comfortable developing forecasts, analyzing sales trends and reporting on ROI
Interested applicants, please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment's standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please