JOB DESCRIPTION :
- MH Foundation
Permanent Full Time position
There's never been a better time to join Mackenzie Health! As we prepare to open our state-of-the-art Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital, and continue to operate Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital, we have many opportunities available for Communications Specialists who share our commitment to quality, patient-centred care. Ultimately, this is where you want to be.
Mackenzie Health Foundation supports Mackenzie Health's vision and mission to deliver the ultimate health experience and to relentlessly improve care through the funding of capital projects, medical equipment, technology and educational opportunities for Mackenzie Health. The Foundation is currently spearheading a $250-million fundraising campaign
- the largest ever for a community hospital in Canada
- to advance patient care at Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital and raise the community portion of funding to build and equip the future state-of-the-art Cortellucci Vaughan Hospital. As we work toward achieving our exciting mandate, we are seeking to grow our inspired team with a Communications Specialist.
Are you a creative self-starter with a passion for communications? Are you always looking for different ways to tell a story and deliver high-quality donor communications? If so, you will want to join our team! Reporting to the Manager, Communications and Marketing, and as a member of an integrated communications team, the Communications Specialist develops and produces creative and engaging donor-centric content and communications materials on multiple platforms to raise awareness of the Foundation in the community and enhance relationships to support the Ultimate campaign. The integrated communications team supports both Mackenzie Health and Mackenzie Health Foundation and plays a pivotal role in delivering high-visibility communications projects and engaging key internal and external stakeholders.
CONTRIBUTE TO THE FOUNDATION BY:
- Lead on the writing, researching and interviewing required to produce a wide range of key internal and external communications products including cases for support, impact reports, quarterly newsletter, e-newsletters and website content in order to produce measurable results in donor awareness and engagement and brand enhancement.
- Lead on the development of creative and compelling marketing and advertising materials in support of donor stewardship efforts, including brochures, posters, billboards, promotional items, and recognition and announcement advertisements.
- Prepare briefing notes, key messages, thank you letters and speaking remarks for donor stewardship initiatives, special events and Foundation activities and ceremonies.
- Provide communications support for donor appreciation events including announcements, tours and milestone celebrations.
- Work with the fundraising teams as required to ensure communications deliverables and requirements are clearly defined and delivered on time, on budget and on brand.
WHAT MUST YOU HAVE?
- College or university diploma or degree related to communications, public relations, marketing or journalism
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience as a communications professional
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills, with knowledge of CP Style and demonstrated ability to source and write compelling and emotive stories that demonstrate the impact of giving.
WHAT ELSE DO YOU BRING?
- Critical thinker and self-starter with strong organizational, research, interviewing and information-gathering skills, and demonstrated ability to adapt writing styles for various audiences and communications channels.
- Ability to interpret, synthesize and articulate complex concepts into terms that are understandable and compelling to donors and prospects.
- Possesses strategic digital communications skills, including content and asset development, and engagement.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively to prioritize competing demands and deadlines in a fast-paced environment with daily deadlines and multiple workflows.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite software applications, including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Prepared to respond to a fast-paced changing environment requiring flexibility and adaptability with respect to working hours such as evening and weekend hours when required.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish effective working relationships with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders/partners.
- Proven attendance record.
- Demonstrates understanding and complies with patient and staff safety policies and procedures that foster a safe and inclusive environment for all.
- Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Demonstrates behaviours consistent with the Foundation's Commitment to Caring.
- Models behaviour aligned with the values of Mackenzie Health Foundation- Excellence, Leadership and Integrity.
- Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
- You may be required to work at any site of Mackenzie Health