The Marketing Strategist is responsible for leading the marketing strategy and planning to achieve lead performance in assigned locations. This role reports to the Digital & Media Marketing Manager on strategic marketing plan development and works closely with the media analysts to identify lead generation opportunities across all media platforms. The Strategist must have strong communication skills and be able to clearly communicate our marketing strategies to their retail locations while collaborating with internal teams to execute and optimize the plans.
Media Strategy & Planning
- Lead the media strategy and development of media plans within their assigned locations;
- Understand media opportunities and consumption within locations, identify opportunities to customize strategies and plans for their locations;
- Be accountable for lead generation, review performance dashboards to identify challenges and opportunities to improve performance;
- Track trends and identify opportunities to drive lead growth – targets, content, tactics;
- Set and manage marketing budget in assigned locations.
- Coordinate with back-end media specialists to identify and optimize media performance
- Work with data analyst and media specialists to assess performance and identify opportunities.
- Brief campaign coordinator on requirements to ensure media programs are properly set-up and deadlines are achieved.
- Be key point of contact for retail network in assigned locations.
- Bachelor’s degree in business/commerce, marketing, or equivalent.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in a similar role; experience setting media strategy and plans a must.
- Agency experience in either account management role or strategist role, an asset.
- Bilingualism, French and English (written and spoken).
- Superior communication skills. Ability to simplify complex concepts and present and support recommendations.
- Ability to work with multiple roles and departments and clearly communicate requirements.
- Strong marketing and media plan development and project management skills.
- Capable of working well both independently as well as part of a team
- Advanced skills in MS Office Suite